Sabres acquire Forward Beck Malenstvn for 43rd Overall

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Agreed 3., plus this is a type of player we need. Imho.

I agree this guy looks like, on paper, the grit we need.

Haven't seen him play and don't know how he was used by/thought of by the Cap's coaches.

I mean we have no choice but to hope he works out but Adams conception of a "gritty player" has been way off the mark - see Greenway, Robinson. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Porous Five Hole said:

So we got the guy KA would have drafted 11th at 14, and got a bottom six NHLer for the move down.  

All I can assume is that no move clauses are murdering the Sabres right now.  

75% of the league doesn’t have one. I don’t think Beck is the best of the 75% unfortunately 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, ... said:

I agree this guy looks like, on paper, the grit we need.

Haven't seen him play and don't know how he was used by/thought of by the Cap's coaches.

I mean we have no choice but to hope he works out but Adams conception of a "gritty player" has been way off the mark - see Greenway, Robinson. 

No dissenting voice here. I think the D zone starts are worth it though. We still need more on the back 6, but I'm betting that top 6 issue is addressed in FA. Just a guess.

Just now, RochesterExpat said:

Yeah if we look at it that way, fine, we got a free bottom six guy. But that ignores the trade values and we act like the 2nd had zero value.

Every deal we’ve seen is reasonable value. 

The point of the matter is that making reasonable value deals and selections has never been the issue with Adams: but, his focus on these types of moves being the priority, has

8 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

This is the first time I'm going to say this ever, please stop Kevyn Adams from trading now. Just let him get fired without worsening our hockey team. 

This is where I’m at.  My patience is gone.  

The seriousness of this situation - not being able to get guys to come here - he is in over his head.  

This is why missing the playoffs 2 years ago when we were right there was such a big deal.   

• Like (+1) 3

I don't know I'm actually starting to like this pickup as I read more about him, had 241 hits last season (tied for 12th), was on Washingtons shutdown line. Seems like the guy I was asking for, he's not a good offensive player but seems very hard to play against, energy guy, i'm starting to come around to it regardless of the 2nd round value.

Edited by GoPuckYourself
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, ... said:

Haven't we established in every single active thread on this board that we're going to have to over pay to bring an NHL roster player here?

This is what that looks like. Even the non-glamorous moves are going to be that way.

Yes.   That is the common theme.  

14 minutes ago, ... said:

Haven't we established in every single active thread on this board that we're going to have to over pay to bring an NHL roster player here?

This is what that looks like. Even the non-glamorous moves are going to be that way.

This is such a good point.

It feels a bit like there’s a camp of people saying “another 1st round forward prospect? where can he even fit?” and also a camp of “Adams overpaid.” Maybe those are different people?

I don’t care a bit if this is an overpayment (within reason). Mangiapane was clearly not coming here. All I care about: Is this guy a useful NHLer? I sure hope so.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, That Aud Smell said:

This is such a good point.

It feels a bit like there’s a camp of people saying “another 1st round forward prospect? where can he even fit?” and also a camp of “Adams overpaid.” Maybe those are different people?

I don’t care a bit if this is an overpayment (within reason). Mangiapane was clearly not coming here. All I care about: Is this guy a useful NHLer? I sure hope so.

If this dude is a legit shutdown, defence-first PKer. Then I don't care if we overpaid. My concern is that he is simply a gritty 4th liner that you can get for $1 million on 1 July for free every year. Hopefully I'm wrong.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1