Sabres acquire Forward Beck Malenstvn for 43rd Overall

Brawndo

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

2nd rounder for a 4th liner? Can we just fire GMKA?

Haven't we established in every single active thread on this board that we're going to have to over pay to bring an NHL roster player here?

This is what that looks like. Even the non-glamorous moves are going to be that way.

• Like (+1) 7

Just now, LGR4GM said:

He's not even good defensively, what's the point? The hits? Adams has to concept of what assets are worth. Prove us won't Kevyn

As a 4th liner or rotational 13th guy, he’s an improvement over Jost. But paying a second is a joke. 

Like if this was some dude signed to a $1.2x1 deal during the free agency, I’d be  content with the move. I don’t have a problem with the player but giving up a 2nd is hilarious.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, RochesterExpat said:

As a 4th liner or rotational 13th guy, he’s an improvement over Jost. But paying a second is a joke. 

Like if this was some dude signed to a $1.2x1 deal during the free agency, I’d be  content with the move. I don’t have a problem with the player but giving up a 2nd is hilarious.

I'd rather let Helenius have those minutes

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ... said:

Haven't we established in every single active thread on this board that we're going to have to over pay to bring an NHL roster player here?

This is what that looks like. Even the non-glamorous moves are going to be that way.

Maybe for free agents, but a need to overpay for this guy? Comical. 

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1

I assume* that we have some internal fancy stats that mean we think his defensive game is great? Quite frankly I don't really care about winning trades at this point. If this fills one of our absolute needs and will make us better next year then great. However, from what is publicly available, it looks like we just gave away a good second round pick and didn't get better.

*Generous take incoming

4 minutes ago, ... said:

It's debatable if this guy is even NHL rosterable. Sure he played 81 last year but before that.

Edited by The Jokeman

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

I'd rather let Helenius have those minutes

No argument from me. Just saying if this was a FA signing, I’d be fine with it. It’s the trading a 2nd seems like an overpay.

Even considering the 43rd overall pick only has something like a 1 in 3 chance of playing a full season in the NHL, it’s kind of a wild valuation for Beck.