Sabres acquire Forward Beck Malenstvn for 43rd Overall

Brawndo

7 hours ago, inkman said:

I wish I had the time to find the data but basically, two of the guys we just picked up were on the Caps 4th line which has the worst deployment they’ve seen since tracking these stats.  All defensive zone starts, all against the other teams top lines.  I’m willing to see how it plays out.  I like the fact they picked up men who do things other men do on the ice.  As opposed to the boys club we’ve had at the arena the last few years. 

To be fair, it’s not like Beck had good underlyings in those deployments 

IMG_4471.thumb.jpeg.42441b13a4f0b159acc611766b17800c.jpeg

Edited by Thorny

46 minutes ago, Thorny said:

To be fair, it’s not like Beck had good underlyings in those deployments 

IMG_4471.thumb.jpeg.42441b13a4f0b159acc611766b17800c.jpeg

Isn’t nearly everything in that chart save the last group a measure of offence?

And isn’t the whole story of his deployment the fact that 90% of his shifts start in the Dzone against the Panarins and Crosbys of the world?

Isnt this chart saying that under those circumstances he loses 1 more retrieval than he wins over 60 minutes of ice time?

18 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Isn’t nearly everything in that chart save the last group a measure of offence?

And isn’t the whole story of his deployment the fact that 90% of his shifts start in the Dzone against the Panarins and Crosbys of the world?

Isnt this chart saying that under those circumstances he loses 1 more retrieval than he wins over 60 minutes of ice time?

You think I understand the charts? 

- - - 

There’s a big part there that’s defensive. But yes a lot of it is offensive. But it’s all in the red, and pretty significantly 

I haven’t heard that he actually had relative matchup difficulty just defensive deployment difficulty. Is there data on the matchups difficulty? You don’t have to post it I’ll take your word for it 

Edited by Thorny
  • Haha (+1) 2