Day 2. 2024 Draft

spndnchz

1 hour ago, Mr Peabody said:

I’m becoming convinced there’s not much of a market for picks and non NHL ready prospects.  Vegas and Florida won cups without using draft picks. 

So maybe, since he cannot play all of these prospects  (unless we want a team with an average age of 23 for the next decade), he should adjust to what the market does bring?   

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Fire Kevyn Adams

A chart from RMNB shows every NHL forward from the last decade and how often they started in the defensive zone versus the offensive zone. Malenstyn ranked 7th for most defensive-zone starts (behind this season’s Dowd and 2018’s Jay Beagle). Out of 3046 player-seasons, Malenstyn ranked 3045th in offensive-zone starts (ahead of only this season’s Nicolas Aube-Kubel). That ratio is simply the most extreme defensive deployment for a forward since the NHL started tracking zone starts.

That’s wild.  

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2024/05/17/beck-malenstyn-2023-24-season-review/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Thorny said:

8 trades including roster players in last week 

Adams said the Sabres were looking at deals to acquire NHL talent and didn’t get anyone. But neither did anybody else. Martin Necas is still in Carolina, Nikolaj Ehlers and Eden native Alex Iafallo are still in Winnipeg and so is disgruntled Jets prospect and former Team USA captain Rutger McGroarty. So is anybody else you might have heard on the rumor mill.

2 minutes ago, Night Train said:

Adams said the Sabres were looking at deals to acquire NHL talent and didn’t get anyone. But neither did anybody else. Martin Necas is still in Carolina, Nikolaj Ehlers and Eden native Alex Iafallo are still in Winnipeg and so is disgruntled Jets prospect and former Team USA captain Rutger McGroarty. So is anybody else you might have heard on the rumor mill.

Ok? I don’t care about the rumour mill lol

i care about reality - there have been numerous trades. Utah just added Marino

another one

We keep hearing Kevyn Adams saying there is no trading partners yet a team with no name makes 2 very impressive trades. I really am starting to like the kid from Washington the more i read on him but to think we could have received Sergachev or Marino is really inexcusable to me.

Edited by GoPuckYourself
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

We keep hearing Kevyn Adams saying there is no trading partners yet a team with no name makes 2 very impressive trades. I really am starting to like the kid from Washington the more i read on him but to think we could have received Sergachev or Marino is really inexcusable to me.

If Sergachev and Marino don't have Buffalo on their lists for their NTCs.

2 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Serg makes 8.5MM. Do you really want to take that on? That would make the Sabres have the highest D payroll in NHL history.  And Marino isn’t good.  

I get what you’re saying, but I haven’t seen a top six forward get traded that I’m jealous of (so far).  

• Like (+1) 1