2024 NHL Draft, 7PM ET, ESPN

#freejame

7 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

***** this organization I'm so done ..

You get your hopes up every f****** year to get smashed

Yeah, you're usually so hopeful and you don't have the courage to be done.

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I don’t not like Helenius, but I don’t want him. 

You just had to.jinx it, didn't ya......could of said I don't want a trade for an impact roster player?

Why don't you kick my dog while your at it

🤣 

• Haha (+1) 1

The Sabres organization seems to struggle with their pro scouting. 

Look, pure strategy here. You have the most undesirable team in the league and no veteran who can help your team wants to come here. What’s the solution? 

Moneyball. Not necessarily advanced stats, but an eye for diamonds in the rough you can get for a 4th round pick from some teams roster. Same with 3rd tier free agents. 

It’s clear that Adams doesn’t have an eye for that. Darcy was good at that, though he had his ceiling. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

The comments about making a trade remind me of all the whingers who were desperate for KA to trade Eichel for a bag of pucks to get a deal done.

The same people would have complained about whoever we got in such a trade.

IF the Sabres were actually looking to trade and did not get what they wanted, I am glad they did not make a trade for the sake of making a trade.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Peter said:

The comments about making a trade remind me of all the whingers who were desperate for KA to trade Eichel for a bag of pucks to get a deal done.

IF the Sabres were actually looking to trade and did not get what they wanted, I am glad they did not make a trade for the sake of making a trade.

The point is we got plenty of kids in the pipeline but need NHL talent today. That's why must of us wanted to trade the pick.

1 minute ago, Peter said:

Misery loves company, come join the party....

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Im probably only one liking this pick 🙂

I like the pick a lot. One of best players in U18s, good size, really good stats in the finish pro league, really skilled, has some grit, really good on faceoffs. My #9 player and we got him at 14. One year left on contract so will be over here in 16 months.

i like the pick a lot, I hate the fact we made the pick

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, The Jokeman said:

The point is we got plenty of kids in the pipeline but need NHL talent today. That's why must of us wanted to trade the pick.

There are plenty of other things they can trade. Look at all those players moved around the league during this first round. It was never happening. I have no idea why this surprises people every single year. 

• Like (+1) 2