Prediction Time: Will the Sabres make a major move before the end of the draft?

nfreeman

What's it gonna be?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Will KA make a major move?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2024 at 03:59 AM

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

We won't ever know if the trading avenue would have worked because no one is willing to come to Buffalo    
We are the least desirable spot in the entire league   

Winnipeg struggled with and continues to struggle with the exact same issues or worse, they’ve made the playoffs *7 times* after returning in 2011, and us not at all.

i live here, I read the papers, you can see the “desired destination lists” voted on by nhl players: winnipeg is LOWER than buffalo 

the difference, again, is the aptitude of the person pulling the strings 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Winnipeg struggled with and continues to struggle with the exact same issues or worse, they’ve made the playoffs *7 times* after returning in 2011, and us not at all.

i live here, I read the papers, you can see the “desired destination lists” voted on by nhl players: winnipeg is LOWER than buffalo 

the difference, again, is the aptitude of the person pulling the strings 

Sure but when you look at the jets roster who was brought in via trade? Besides the eichel type trade they got from the LAK?  The biggest differentiator between the 2 clubs is coaching and goaltending.  

4 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Sure but when you look at the jets roster who was brought in via trade? Besides the eichel type trade they got from the LAK?  The biggest differentiator between the 2 clubs is coaching and goaltending.  

The jets have traded their first around deadline day like 5 years running lol they’ve made a multitude of impact deals. It’s the combination of several good moves to build a cohesive whole, that’s my point

your arguments don’t support the idea it can’t be done, they support the idea it takes a skilled maneuverer. No one is debating that 

Those 2 things you mentioned are *differences* not the main difference - and those two components also fall to the GM 

and, again, SEVEN TIMES

take it all away and say even winnipeg has an easier time because…reasons 

the gap isn’t 7-0 severe 

- - - 

99.9% of the arguments in defence of this regime fall apart on the basis of the goal being utterly low

We are asking for almost nothing and still can’t get it 

Edited by Thorny
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

And it doesn’t matter how they did it. Isn’t drafting open to Adams? The point is that they did it, with less goodwill player destination wise than buffalo. Chevy configured the tools at his disposal 7 times successfully 

I just want us to do it once 

The answer to that can’t be “patience” 

Edited by Thorny
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

The jets have traded their first around deadline day like 5 years running lol they’ve made a multitude of impact deals. It’s the combination of several good moves to build a cohesive whole, that’s my point

your arguments don’t support the idea it can’t be done, they support the idea it takes a skilled maneuverer. No one is debating that 

Those 2 things you mentioned are *differences* not the main difference - and those two components also fall to the GM 

and, again, SEVEN TIMES

take it all away and say even winnipeg has an easier time because…reasons 

the gap isn’t 7-0 severe 

- - - 

99.9% of the arguments in defence of this regime fall apart on the basis of the goal being utterly low

We are asking for almost nothing and still can’t get it 

The Jets are well coached team with great structure but we all saw them exposed vs a talented team like Colorado.
I'll give you that the The GM did great to get rid of PLD and get some of their core pieces signed but what trade was he able to accomplish brining in a vet player for draft picks or prospects?   

hopefully Buffalo is in playoff contention next year and they too trade away their first round pick for a rental.  I dare to dream 

honestly, we have to hope that coaching and goaltending lift the existing roster cause I don't see a trade happening and I doubt they accomplish much in the UFA market.   

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

The Jets are well coached team with great structure but we all saw them exposed vs a talented team like Colorado.
I'll give you that the The GM did great to get rid of PLD and get some of their core pieces signed but what trade was he able to accomplish brining in a vet player for draft picks or prospects?   

hopefully Buffalo is in playoff contention next year and they too trade away their first round pick for a rental.  I dare to dream 

honestly, we have to hope that coaching and goaltending lift the existing roster cause I don't see a trade happening and I doubt they accomplish much in the UFA market.   

I doubt we are that far apart. Am I firing Adams right now? No. Are you firing him if we miss next season? If you are, I mean..we’re not far apart here 

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

And it doesn’t matter how they did it. Isn’t drafting open to Adams? The point is that they did it, with less goodwill player destination wise than buffalo. Chevy configured the tools at his disposal 7 times successfully 

I just want us to do it once 

The answer to that can’t be “patience” 

What the GM did was hire a real coach.  Lucked into having a vezina level goalie and got rid of PLD. 

but I do agree he has done a better job than Adams  

hopefully Adams now has a real coach and Vezina  level goaltending. 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

I doubt we are that far apart. Am I firing Adams right now? No. Are you firing him if we miss next season? If you are, I mean..we’re not far apart here 

90% yes this is it for him   I guess I'm believing he wants to make trades but no player is willing to come so he is handcuffed.   Yes that's partly on him but not sure a new GM changes that aspect 

Just now, Crusader1969 said:

90% yes this is it for him   I guess I'm believing he wants to make trades but no player is willing to come so he is handcuffed.   Yes that's partly on him but not sure a new GM changes that aspect 

If we agree on the deadline, we are barely disagreeing at all 

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

If we agree on the deadline, we are barely disagreeing at all 

2 Canadians disagreeing?  I'm sure we would just end up apologizing to each other anyways 🙂

im a pretty optimistic fan but seeing all these trades for players that could help and Sabres on the sidelines really sucks 

sorry if I came across argumentative.   See I told you there would be a "sorry" in here somewhere.  🇨🇦 

• Thanks (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Major move as in... Trading the top pick, acquiring Malcovich or initiating the process with JS?

That is very thin gruel. You might even need a consenting opinion from Judge Smell.

As stipulated upthread, buying out Skinner constituted a major move.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game (although in this case of course the playa created the game, sooooo...)

14 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Actually the buyout came after the draft, so technically there was no major move during the draft.  

They traded down 3 spots in the first to acquire the 43rd pick. That's a major move.

They traded said 43rd pick to address bottom 6 need, that's a major move.

So.....technically, there wasn't "a" major move, there was 2.

2 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

They traded down 3 spots in the first to acquire the 43rd pick. That's a major move.

They traded said 43rd pick to address bottom 6 need, that's a major move.

So.....technically, there wasn't "a" major move, there was 2.

Morgan stipulated a top six acquisition.

Morgan... How come that's never been a thing?

7 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Morgan stipulated a top six acquisition.

Morgan... How come that's never been a thing?

5 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I'm tellin ya this one is going to the High Court. Swamp, ink, probably Woody.

Your Honors, if it pleases the court I would like submit the following evidence in to the court record....

Exhibit A: Prediction Time: Will the Sabres make a major move before the end of the draft?

As is clearly shown, the parameters are broadly defined by the individual consumers of the title. The specifics of the thread title are left to interpretation of the reader.

Edited by Scottysabres