Prediction Time: Will the Sabres make a major move before the end of the draft?

nfreeman

What's it gonna be?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Will KA make a major move?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2024 at 03:59 AM

3 hours ago, pi2000 said:

lol

They tried the trade route... OReilly, Kane, Staal, Simmonds, Montour, etc... how'd that go?  

It’s also the timing of those trades and the sh&t coaching. This is the time for some infusion of talent via trades and UFA. Let’s see if KA has the balls to make it happen. He should, he’s in a no lose situation - status quo won’t work and his job has to be on the line this year

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Agree, a lot of players don't  want to come to Buffalo. Which means KA will have to over pay, and a lot of people on here griping that he hasn't done anything will be griping that he overpaid for player x. I'm not sure KA has the fortitude needed to make that kind of move. So I think we are in for another  disappointing season.  Our only hope is if Ruff can make him pull the trigger. 

13 hours ago, spndnchz said:

Why?

Because he’s more repsonsible for the drought in seasons than anyone else 

12 hours ago, pi2000 said:

lol

They tried the trade route... OReilly, Kane, Staal, Simmonds, Montour, etc... how'd that go?  

BREAKING: “Bad GM ruins strategy for everyone.”

So, if we don’t make the playoffs this year and Adams gets fired, the draft and dev approach is dead, and we just fold the franchise? lol 

We might as well all come to the realization that bonafide  NHL players don't want to come to Buffalo and that the only chance we have to be good is to draft and develop 

it sucks but the list of NHL players getting traded today and none coming to Buffalo has me at this point.  

Hopefully I'm wrong and they can land a couple of UFA's that move the needle but gonna guess they will sign players without any other options to try plug the holes on this team. 

--- as I type this the commentators on Sportsnet are "wow is there some kind of action happening today" and here we are off on the sidelines     

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

No, with a rookie Eichel we finished with 81 points coming off a 50 point finish, as opposed to the near identical 84 from Adams this year, but coming off a 91 point finish

Keep going ... what happened after the 81 point season? Which if memory serves - wasn't good enough to make the playoffs 

6 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

We might as well all come to the realization that bonafide  NHL players don't want to come to Buffalo and that the only chance we have to be good is to draft and develop 

it sucks but the list of NHL players getting traded today and none coming to Buffalo has me at this point.  

Hopefully I'm wrong and they can land a couple of UFA's that move the needle but gonna guess they will sign players without any other options to try plug the holes on this team. 

--- as I type this the commentators on Sportsnet are "wow is there some kind of action happening today" and here we are off on the sidelines     

Keep going ... what happened after the 81 point season? Which if memory serves - wasn't good enough to make the playoffs 

We finished with 76 points after Jack missed the first quarter of the season - you know, the same point total KA has averaged for 4 years 

You are splitting hairs, dude 

they’ve all been bad 

Just now, Crusader1969 said:

So neither way works.    You aren't doing a good job of selling your point when you reference an 81 and 76 point season as reasons to change course 

No, my point is well made if you were keeping up with the discussion 

my exact point is that either way CAN work and either way CAN fail. It’s down to the skill of the person implementing the strategy 

13 minutes ago, Thorny said:

No, my point is well made if you were keeping up with the discussion 

my exact point is that either way CAN work and either way CAN fail. It’s down to the skill of the person implementing the strategy 

We won't ever know if the trading avenue would have worked because no one is willing to come to Buffalo    
We are the least desirable spot in the entire league