Prediction Time: Will the Sabres make a major move before the end of the draft?

nfreeman

What's it gonna be?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Will KA make a major move?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2024 at 03:59 AM

For the record, IMO it would be a huge mistake to unload prospects who they've spent years developing simply for a quick fix.

They're not one or two players away from being a Cup contender.  They need to continue to draft well and develop their own prospects.     

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, pi2000 said:

For the record, IMO it would be a huge mistake to unload prospects who they've spent years developing simply for a quick fix.

They're not one or two players away from being a Cup contender.  They need to continue to draft well and develop their own prospects.     

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Why do you assume that a trade would be a quick fix?  

Refuse to believe Ruff will let Adams stand pat without at least a couple major moves for veterans. He has plenty of assets he can package.

A big physical Forward who plays a 200 ft game and likes to hold court around the crease.

A big physical D Man who likes to hit and protect his star players. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

I just don't want them to unload prospects for say a 3rd line center or 5th defenseman. 

I agree on the #5 defenseman.  If the #3C is someone like Cirelli or Eriksson Ek though, I'm in.

Here's a question:  how do you feel about trading good prospects for a higher-end guy who only has 1 season left on his deal and doesn't sign an extension as part of the trade?  I'm sorta undecided on that one.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

I agree on the #5 defenseman.  If the #3C is someone like Cirelli or Eriksson Ek though, I'm in.

Here's a question:  how do you feel about trading good prospects for a higher-end guy who only has 1 season left on his deal and doesn't sign an extension as part of the trade?  I'm sorta undecided on that one.

I wouldn't do it, not in their current position.

Now, if that guy was a missing piece for a Cup run, then of course.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

7 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

No chance in my opinion 

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

Not a chance.  I think KA is in a tough spot, had a much tougher gig than Briere in Philly for example.   sure he wants to make a deal but players don't want to come to Buffalo.   
we suck!!!

Adams should take the blame if players don't want to come to Buffalo.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, #freejame said:

I voted no so that way I could either take solace in being right or be pleasantly surprised in being wrong. 

The old "bet against your team" philosophy, I'm surprised isn't used more.

For example, in the Superbowl you really REALLY want to see one team win over the other, so you bet a few bucks on the team you DON'T want to win. Its kinda insurance for the team that you do want to win.  If your team wins, you lose a few bucks but hey! they won!  If your team loses, you get a little payout.