Sabres sign Kale Clague to a one year deal

Brawndo

14 minutes ago, shrader said:

Those are deadline deals. Let’s revisit this tomorrow morning and see how many of the deals you’re describing happen tonight. I’ll gladly admit I’m wrong if more than even one happens. 

No need to admit you're wrong or acknowledge you are right on anything here. I get your point. 

My point is more specific. There has been plenty of speculation and even dedicated threads on this forum to the topic of the Sabres moving their first rounder for help now. To trade a first round pick the trade has to happen before the pick is made. After that, it's trading a player. Hence the deadline to do so is today.

It doesn't matter how many such similar trades happen or don't happen. I am just talking about one such trade...one involving the Sabres. 

Likewise, tomorrow is the deadline for either of their 2nd round picks. Etc.  

I just want that bozo Adams to focus on making his team better. Not on signing Kale Clague. 

• dislike 1

8 minutes ago, TheAud said:

No need to admit you're wrong or acknowledge you are right on anything here. I get your point. 

My point is more specific. There has been plenty of speculation and even dedicated threads on this forum to the topic of the Sabres moving their first rounder for help now. To trade a first round pick the trade has to happen before the pick is made. After that, it's trading a player. Hence the deadline to do so is today.

It doesn't matter how many such similar trades happen or don't happen. I am just talking about one such trade...one involving the Sabres. 

Likewise, tomorrow is the deadline for either of their 2nd round picks. Etc.  

I just want that bozo Adams to focus on making his team better. Not on signing Kale Clague. 

That talk, it’s all born out of click bait. We see this every single year. 

So given KA's suspicion before the draft he didn't have the GM chops to get a deal done, I can now project a 77% likelihood the Sabre announced the KC deal yesterday to soften the blow of nothing happening at the draft.

Make no mistake... A good chunk of the fan base thinks signing Kale Clague is something.

Edited by PASabreFan
Not a fan of Kale
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

So given KA's suspicion before the draft he didn't have the GM chops to get a deal done, I can now project a 77% likelihood the Sabre announced the KC deal yesterday to soften the blow of nothing happening at the draft.

Make no mistake... A good chunk of the fan base thinks signing Kale Clague is something.

I think an even larger portion of the fanbase will never have any clue that this signing ever happened.