Sabres sign Kale Clague to a one year deal

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Rasmus_ said:

He's been good for the Rochester contingent.  So I don't mind it.

You mean the Amerks team that wasn’t exactly a defensive stalwart, and got slapped in the 1st round by Syracuse?

Are Cecconi & Davies far behind?

I don’t understand bringing back the same vet AHL guys on a team that was underwhelming. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LabattBlue said:

You mean the Amerks team that wasn’t exactly a defensive stalwart, and got slapped in the 1st round by Syracuse?

I don’t understand bringing back the same vet AHL guys on a team that was underwhelming. 

It’s the Adams way. Bring back players regardless of whether or not they can play because they want to be here.

• Agree 2

Timing is my only concern here. Do I really care that they brought back Clague as a depth piece to play in Rochester? Not really. 

Do I care that the organization's finite bandwidth is apparently concerned with stuff like this RIGHT NOW in the days prior to and the same day as the draft? Yes, I am a little concerned as it shows a level of cluelessness as to what is the priority to improve the team. Sign Clague last week, or after FA starts. Not today!

• Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I watched a lot of the Amerks last year and I would welcome Cecconi & Davies back. 

This signing is confusing to me because they didn’t make Cale eligible for the AHL playoffs. I assumed the Sabres felt like sending him home instead of to ROC was for the best.  So I’m surprised here.  

13 minutes ago, TheAud said:

Timing is my only concern here. Do I really care that they brought back Clague as a depth piece to play in Rochester? Not really. 

Do I care that the organization's finite bandwidth is apparently concerned with stuff like this RIGHT NOW in the days prior to and the same day as the draft? Yes, I am a little concerned as it shows a level of cluelessness as to what is the priority to improve the team. Sign Clague last week, or after FA starts. Not today!

A standard as it can get 2way contract at a standard price. Takes all of a few minutes to do. He probably has the ask value set out three months ago for all players and in this case he just accepted it at face value. 

much ado about nothing. Crunch time is the draft floor 

if anything he got something out of the way that ends up being a July 1st late in day distraction 

Edited by triumph_communes
  • Agree 1