Ken Holland not returning to the Oilers

GASabresIUFAN

26 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

https://www.nhl.com/news/ken-holland-will-not-return-as-oilers-general-manager

Talk about a perfect person to make the President of Hockey Ops for the Sabres. 

I have given up hoping for a PoHO.  Pegula wants no one between himself and his lap dog aka Adams. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

and he's smart enough to get out at the moment of reckoning, avoid all the pending cap issues and before Draisaitl decides to "explore his options". 

But his resume will show he is leaving the team in good  shape, taking Florida to 7 games in the SC finals   

I would not be upset at all if Terry hired him to run things.  

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Pimlach said:

But his resume will show he is leaving the team in good  shape, taking Florida to 7 games in the SC finals   

I would not be upset at all if Terry hired him to run things.  

Absolutely, much as I wanted Rick Dudley hired years and years ago (and again later) but Pegula doesn't want a guy in that job. He sits in on the meetings himself instead. Terry's our Czar. 

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Absolutely, much as I wanted Rick Dudley hired years and years ago (and again later) but Pegula doesn't want a guy in that job. He sits in on the meetings himself instead. Terry's our Czar. 

Old school guys just don’t get a chance with TP.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Awful person, awful hockey executive, or both? 😱

Have no idea about him as a person but there is a reason Edmonton basically relieved him of his duties a year ago. He was pretty much a figure head after Jackson was hired. Detroit couldn't get rid of him fast enough. He was great when there was no cap and money hid his mistakes.

• Agree 1

Assume this is obligatory post for whenever a player, coach or GM hits the market and the Sabres must get them

he had little to do with that team making finals. His big achievement was signing Nurse to that albatross of a contract. He is not a team builder. Detroit was great when he became GM and he made many missteps there hidden by no cap. Edmonton struggled to make playoffs when he arrived.

• Agree 2