Sabres Trade the 11th pick to San Jose for 14th and 42nd Overall

Brawndo

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

Has to be a move like that and since I assume many teams see a bunch of prospects all grouped together in that 6-15 range, it likely wouldn't be a huge deal moving back a few spots to pick up a 2nd round pick.

I think all it means is San Jose definitely wants a D man in the draft and so they wanted to move up and Buffalo didn't want a D man so they should still get their forward choice(s) a few spots back and snag another pick. Means nothing more. Nothing less. 

5 minutes ago, SDS said:

Since this is hearsay, I don’t think it deserves it on topic. I have a friend back home that plays men’s hockey and everyone always knows somebody.

The way the story was told to me was that this guy was telling stories in the locker room inside Adams offered Lindy an assistant position in January and he said no way. Then Granato was fired and Lindy eventually caved. However, it was on the condition that Adams go after three or four players that he thought the team needed. I wasn’t told who they were or if they were specific players or types of players. The impression was specific players. 

With that said, having more assets to bring in Lindys players fits in with this trade today.

FYI, I absolutely don’t care if you believe the above. I don’t even know if I believe the above. It is just a story that was relayed to me.

I'd trust Ruff more than Adams with decision making on players personally 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

I think all it means is San Jose definitely wants a D man in the draft and so they wanted to move up and Buffalo didn't want a D man so they should still get their forward choice(s) a few spots back and snag another pick. Means nothing more. Nothing less. 

How many forwards do they need? They got a metric crap ton of them still waiting to come up and not many spots.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

I’d be pretty surprised too if we didn’t see one 

Wouldn't put it at surprised.  Would say fearful we don't see a trade tomorrow and will be relieved if we do.

Am certain he's trying to pull the trigger.  Am hopeful he will.  But until he does, GA's over the top criticism of him holds some degree of merit.

Edited by Taro T
friggin phone autocorrect. fearful NOT fearfully. arrrrgggg!
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, stinky finger said:

Agree completely. This may be a good trade. Just no reason to do it now. 

Maybe Adams has been shopping the pick to acquire additional assets to include in a trade that's already in the works and he needed an extra 2nd.  Or maybe his trade isn't in place yet, but he's been shopping the pick to acquire additional assets and this was the best deal he could get.  Maybe SJ said the deal was off unless he pulled the trigger now.

In my personal opinion, if trading for veteran player, 11 is more valuable than 14, so I don't love this trade, but in the scheme of things, it's not that big of a deal.  14 isn't that different than 11 and an extra 2nd is a decent asset.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Wouldn't put it at surprised.  Would say fearfully we don't see a trade tomorrow and will be relieved if we do.

Am certain he's trying to pull the trigger.  Am hopeful he will.  But until he does, GA's over the top criticism of him holds some degree of merit.

“Some degree”? “Over the top” ?  I think you mean accurate, honest and justified criticism.  What trade or UFA besides Greenway has made the team better?  

How does adding the 42nd pick make this team better now, if ever?

Right now Adam needs to find 5 NHL forwards to simply complete his NHL roster much less improve that roster.  Adams saying that Krebs is a “solution at center” is an illustration that he still doesn’t have a clue how to fix his sorry roster. 

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

27 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

“Some degree”? “Over the top” ?  I think you mean accurate, honest and justified criticism.  What trade or UFA besides Greenway has made the team better?  

How does adding the 42nd pick make this team better now, if ever?

Right now Adam needs to find 5 NHL forwards to simply complete his NHL roster much less improve that roster.  Adams saying that Krebs is a “solution at center” is an illustration that he still doesn’t have a clue how to fix his sorry roster. 

You think you're more enlightened than posters who have a positive lean.  I find you more inept than Adams or anyone having a part in this drought. 

You spend countless time thinking and posting about a team that makes you miserable.  The joke is on you.  

• Like (+1) 1