Would you want an AI Rick?

PASabreFan

1 minute ago, Weave said:

I’ll give that a pass then.  But for me the whole think is sort of icky/creepy.

A little scary. We already have a generation that won't fact check or consider the source of information or look beyond social media for news. When they hear some future politician say something, they won't know or care that it's AI Moore or the real Moore. And the powers that be know full well that the ignorance they seeded will fully flower soon.

11 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

A little scary. We already have a generation that won't fact check or consider the source of information or look beyond social media for news. When they hear some future politician say something, they won't know or care that it's AI Moore or the real Moore. And the powers that be know full well that the ignorance they seeded will fully flower soon.

My reaction is more touchy-feely.

I want the RJ I remember, not the RJ that AI was trained to simulate.  AI can’t simulate the spontaneous creativity of the moment unfolding.  It is a digital copy without innovation.  And even if it could have creativity, it wouldn’t be RJs creativity, it would be something similar but “trained”.

And it would be another job taken from an actual human being.  That might be the final straw for me as a fan.

30 minutes ago, Weave said:

My reaction is more touchy-feely.

I want the RJ I remember, not the RJ that AI was trained to simulate.  AI can’t simulate the spontaneous creativity of the moment unfolding.  It is a digital copy without innovation.  And even if it could have creativity, it wouldn’t be RJs creativity, it would be something similar but “trained”.

And it would be another job taken from an actual human being.  That might be the final straw for me as a fan.

I would never want it to go that far. Not even sure AI could pull off Live AI Rick calling a game. I was thinking more along the lines of using AI to have a clip of Rick saying what we always wanted him to say. Unnecessary... Thorny already has it. And likely the Sabres.

Would you even need AI? Maybe Swamp could tell us if he could pull off the same feat if he had clips of Rick saying the individual words.

20 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I would never want it to go that far. Not even sure AI could pull off Live AI Rick calling a game. I was thinking more along the lines of using AI to have a clip of Rick saying what we always wanted him to say. Unnecessary... Thorny already has it. And likely the Sabres.

Would you even need AI? Maybe Swamp could tell us if he could pull off the same feat if he had clips of Rick saying the individual words.

I absolutely believe it could. It would never not know who had the puck at any given time. It would most likely never not know who was on the ice at any given time. I think it would even come up with new stuff that would be “RJ like.”

I f’n hate AI. I think we are doomed.

EDIT: I started answering before I read the last line.😂

Individual words strung together would sound awful. But you could probably string together phrases that wouldn’t be to bad. I think you’d still be able to tell, though.

Edited by SwampD