Which Sabre would it hurt the most to lose?

dudacek

Painful trades  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Which if these assets would you most hate to see traded, even if I you were clearly winning the trade?

2. 2. Which if these assets would you most hate to see traded, even if I you were clearly winning the trade?

I think most of us have reached the point where no piece on this team is untouchable.

But WGR did an interesting exercise this morning about which Sabre would hurt the most to lose.

With trade winds blowing, I thought it might be interesting to see which players fit that bill best for Sabrespace.

Here’s the scenario:

You have negotiated a deal with the Oilers for McDavid. As part of the deal, you have to give up one young roster player, and one non-roster asset. You are allowed to say that one Sabre from each category is off limits, then they get their pick of the rest.

Under those circumstances, who do you protect?

Edited by dudacek

5 minutes ago, Drag0nDan said:

Levi seems to have a solid IT factor, that i think will make him a really good playoff goalie.  

I tried to temper my response a bit because it is relative.  The rest of the list is all guys who are just potential, whereas Levi had begun showing that he belongs.  It is still unknown whether good, bad or meh is his future.  At this point all we really know is that this particular scratch off has some level of payoff.

Seems like the spirit of the question got lost in a trade scenario.

Which Sabre am I so emotionally connected to that it would hurt to lose him even if the trade made the Sabres better?

My goodness, none. These guys have done nothing for me. Peterka probably comes closest. I like studying his animated face on the bench. There's a fire inside. And he pairs that intensity with real skill.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 1

Levi - only because we spent too many years in goalie hell and I am shell shocked by it.   Keep UPL, keep Levi, and let them play.  

Benson - he plays the right way 

The only Sabre I would not want to lose right now is Dahlin.   Imagine his 25 minutes per game gone.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Seems like the spirit of the question got lost in a trade scenario.

Which Sabre am I so emotionally connected to that it would hurt to lose him even if the trade made the Sabres better?

My goodness, none. These guys have done nothing for me. Peterka probably comes closest. I like studying his animated face on the bench. There's a fire inside. And he pairs that intensity with real skill.

Let’s have Dudacek indicate the spirit in which the question is asked.  I surely didn’t read it the same way you did.