Who will be the next year’s former Sabre to win his first cup?

Who will be the next year’s former Sabre to win his first cup?   

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the next year’s former Sabre to win his first cup?

• Tyler Myers
    • Rasmus Ristolainen
    • Jeff Skinner
    • Zemgus Girgensons
    • Victor Oloffson
    • Casey Mittelstadt
    • Evander Kane
    • Jake McCabe
    • Linus Ullmark
    • Jimmy Vesey

Do people really think Colorado is going to win the cup next season? 

Nichuskin is in player assistance. Landeskog hasn't played in two years. They have $18m left right now with only 7 forwards and 4 defensemen signed. If Landeskog and Nichushkin return, they're left with $6m and a need for three forwards and two defensemen. I assume one or both are done/gone.

I just don't see how Colorado maintains status as a contender. That being said, it would be very on-brand for Buffalo if Mitts gets a cup next.

13 minutes ago, RochesterExpat said:

Do people really think Colorado is going to win the cup next season? 

Nichuskin is in player assistance. Landeskog hasn't played in two years. They have $18m left right now with only 7 forwards and 4 defensemen signed. If Landeskog and Nichushkin return, they're left with $6m and a need for three forwards and two defensemen. I assume one or both are done/gone.

I just don't see how Colorado maintains status as a contender. That being said, it would be very on-brand for Buffalo if Mitts gets a cup next.

They have two of the best players in the entire league in McKinnon and Maker, plus many other good players in support. 

Expect them to win?  No.   But every season is different and the Avs have a lot of pluses to go with the negatives.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

They have two of the best players in the entire league in McKinnon and Maker, plus many other good players in support. 

Expect them to win?  No.   But every season is different and the Avs have a lot of pluses to go with the negatives.  

Fair points. I don't mean to suggest Colorado falls off a cliff. In my eyes, they just move from contender to playoff team if that makes any sense (yes, I'm aware every 'playoff' team is a contender, but, as an example, there was a difference between the Islanders and Rangers this season).

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, OverPowerYou said:

It’s got to be Skinner. They like to keep those wounds freshly salted 

Of course, the last few times an ex-Sabre won the SC, at least 1 wore a letter here at some point:  O'Reilly, Bogosian, Eichel, Okposo.

Thus, it has to be Ruff.  😉   (Would guess Girgensons as a distant 2nd on the likelihood. 🙂 )

They may not be the next former Sabre to win a cup on another team, but with Thompson, Cozens signed long-term and prospects Helenius, Savoie, Östlund being C, someone will be moved. So the guess is Östlund, but I think before him Skinner or Krebs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.