Around the NHL: The 2024 Offseason

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Thought the Florida pick was used on Rosen.

There've been so many it's silly.

Ristolainen = 2021 PHI 1st F Isak Rosen, 2023 PHI 2nd C Anton Wahlberg, & 2022 FLA 6th Gustav Karlsson (via Hagg)

Eichel = Tuch, Krebs, 2022 VGK 1st Noah Östlund, & Greenway (via 2023 VGK 2nd)

Reinhart = Levi & 2022 FLA 1st C Jiri Kulich

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

There've been so many it's silly.

Ristolainen = 2021 PHI 1st F Isak Rosen, 2023 PHI 2nd C Anton Wahlberg, & 2022 FLA 6th Gustav Karlsson (via Hagg)

Eichel = Tuch, Krebs, 2022 VGK 1st Noah Östlund, & Greenway (via 2023 VGK 2nd)

Reinhart = Levi & 2022 FLA 1st C Jiri Kulich

Wahlberg might actually work

Here’s what’s going on it’s Stammer, per LeBrun. 

It’s interesting…Tampa is saying you’re going to make 21MM on the open market (figure $7MM X 3). After factoring in the FL state tax discount, Tampa is saying let us pay whatever the net figure would be ($18MM) over a long period of time and we will front load the deal with bonuses. 

It was worth a shot.  

IMG_0003.jpeg

1 minute ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Here’s what’s going on it’s Stammer, per LeBrun. 

It’s interesting…Tampa is saying you’re going to make 21MM on the open market (figure $7MM X 3). After factoring in the FL state tax discount, Tampa is saying let us pay whatever the net figure would be ($18MM) over a long period of time and we will front load the deal with bonuses. 

It was worth a shot.  

IMG_0003.jpeg

It’s ***** up that he’s basically got to go and really sucked for his legacy and the fans. But you have to admire TB shrewdness, I guess. I wouldn’t be happy if I were a fan and he walked. 

13 hours ago, #freejame said:

It’s ***** up that he’s basically got to go and really sucked for his legacy and the fans. But you have to admire TB shrewdness, I guess. I wouldn’t be happy if I were a fan and he walked. 

They rather have McDonagh take his cap space 

43 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

And some wanted him over jack quinn 

Holtz- I will let you know what I think about him after seeing him in a VGK uniform. I’m not really sure what our GM Kelly McCrimmon has up his sleeve the next few days, but he is always active. Their isn’t any allegiance to any players here in Vegas!

2 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

Holtz- I will let you know what I think about him after seeing him in a VGK uniform. I’m not really sure what our GM Kelly McCrimmon has up his sleeve the next few days, but he is always active. Their isn’t any allegiance to any players here in Vegas!

Mr. AI shows that he's actually a Vegas fan.

17 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Mr. AI shows that he's actually a Vegas fan.

I still like Buffalo too before we got a team here in Vegas. I’m curious to see who Adams either acquires in free agency or trades for. I’m not expecting much from him but they need a strong defensive defenseman and some toughness on a third or fourth line.

It seems like there is always trade talk during the draft but it fizzles out. We need more moves from all teams.

2 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

And some wanted him over jack quinn 

Let’s face it, there were very very few who wanted Quinn on here. The board erupted when we picked him over Rossi. Yet, our drafting “sucks” and reeks of nepotism. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, kas23 said:

Let’s face it, there were very very few who wanted Quinn on here. The board erupted when we picked him over Rossi. Yet, our drafting “sucks” and reeks of nepotism. 

Yep I was wrong. I watched that draft with my dad and I wanted Rossi and was upset with Quinn. My dad tried to convince me how good Quinn was. When I started watching video on Quinn I settled down and got optimistic.

It’s become hard to read the off-season on paper over the years.

Take Carolina:

i see them losing 2 really good defencemen in Pesce and Skjei, Teravainen and Guentzel from their top 6, and another useful piece in Noesen.

In comes a good defenceman in Walker and lesser pieces Gostisbehere and Carrier.

That looks like a pretty significant downgrade, but does anyone really think they’re vulnerable?

Tampa added Guentzel and McDonough, but lost Stamkos and Sergachev. They’ve got Perbix, Raddysh and Moser as their 4-6 on D and their bottom 6 up front right now is Sheary, Eyssimont, Glendening, Chaffee, Ylonen and a minor league call-up.

Who thinks they’re going to miss the playoffs?

You’d think the salary cap would create parity, but the same teams keep making it year after year:

• Tampa: 7 years straight
  • Boston: 8 straight
  • Florida: 5 straight
  • Toronto: 8 straight
  • Rangers: 4 of the past 5
  • Carolina: 6 straight
  • Pittsburgh: 16 of the past 18
  • Washington: 9 of the last 10
  • Islanders: 5 of the last 6

That’s 5 teams in every year and the other 4 sharing the last 3 spots.

It’s sickening. Can we please flip the ice this year?

• Like (+1) 3