Around the NHL: The 2024 Offseason

Sid the Grandpa signed for 2 years at his career long AAV ($8.7M).  Two years after this season.

Brings him to age 40 and a retirement as a player and a move to AGM or some such.

I posted someplace that there is no way Sid is not retiring a Penguin.

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS
did not read the psots on the previous page first
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

He has 3 cups to show for it.  He insisted that he take less than market forever so the Penguins could sign other good to great players.  Malkin did too, as did Letang.

Seems like sometimes it's about winning and not about the money.  I say this as they, and others, do provide the exception that money matters most.

For some yes, and for others no. It's about winning.

Now, if you aren't winning AND you are in a state where taxes are high... well, that's a double whammy.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LTS said:

Seems like sometimes it's about winning and not about the money.  I say this as they, and others, do provide the exception that money matters most.

For some yes, and for others no. It's about winning.

Now, if you aren't winning AND you are in a state where taxes are high... well, that's a double whammy.

Let's not forget that he's been the most marketable player in the league for the majority of his career.  He has cleaned up on endorsements over that time.  That makes it a lot easier to keep taking those PR-focused 8.7 million deals.  I bet he gets taken care of after retirement too.

2 hours ago, shrader said:

Let's not forget that he's been the most marketable player in the league for the majority of his career.  He has cleaned up on endorsements over that time.  That makes it a lot easier to keep taking those PR-focused 8.7 million deals.  I bet he gets taken care of after retirement too.

I do love how his AAV had to be 87  

Don't know if he's superstitious or just a millionaire having fun with huge numbers but it's pretty amusing. I'm also absolutely sure that after he retires he will be up in that box or named "President" or something elevated like Mario, He's a fixture.

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

I do love how his AAV had to be 87  

Don't know if he's superstitious or just a millionaire having fun with huge numbers but it's pretty amusing. I'm also absolutely sure that after he retires he will be up in that box or named "President" or something elevated like Mario, He's a fixture.

He’s known to be notoriously superstitious 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

He has 3 cups to show for it.  He insisted that he take less than market forever so the Penguins could sign other good to great players.  Malkin did too, as did Letang.

Dumbass must be beside himself. He would still be in Toronto if the core four weren’t so greedy.

• Haha (+1) 1