Around the NHL: The 2024 Offseason

46 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Tage is golfing in Arizona "getting to know" Zucker. Tuch is showing Krebsie how to bottle-feed his newborn. And Ras is on the phone with Okie asking about whether it's OK to text your teammates before training camp.

Cozens and Byram are bow hunting for bighorn sheep in the southwestern Rockies. The season doesn't wrap up until next Thursday, but they promised to come home early if they bagged their limit.

UPL and Joker are with their wives at the Venice Film Festival. They're going to stop in Ibiza for a few days once that's over, but they should probably be here in time for training camp.

Levi is on the phone with his agent demanding to know what he's going to do about Reimer. Mule is trying to figure out how to explain his waterskiing injury to Lindy. Power is shopping for drapes with his fiance.

Quinn and Peterka are getting shooting and stickhandling lesson over Zoom from Matt Ellis.

Malenstyn and Aube-Kubel are skating with the Canisius College team, wondering when they're going to meet their new teammates and a little uncertain about whether or not they're at the right rink.

Benson would have been here Saturday to join them, but the Labour Day weekend is peak time in the carny industry and he promised his dad he'd help get the tilt-a-whirl operating properly before they pack up for the Okanagan road trip. Those Peachland crowds can be tough.

Good job, lol.

I searched high and low on AOL for this stuff and just could not find it.

Brawndo has the speed but you carry the mail.

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, dudacek said:

Tage is golfing in Arizona "getting to know" Zucker. Tuch is showing Krebsie how to bottle-feed his newborn. And Ras is on the phone with Okie asking about whether it's OK to text your teammates before training camp.

Cozens and Byram are bow hunting for bighorn sheep in the southwestern Rockies. The season doesn't wrap up until next Thursday, but they promised to come home early if they bagged their limit.

UPL and Joker are with their wives at the Venice Film Festival. They're going to stop in Ibiza for a few days once that's over, but they should probably be here in time for training camp.

Levi is on the phone with his agent demanding to know what he's going to do about Reimer. Mule is trying to figure out how to explain his waterskiing injury to Lindy. Power is shopping for drapes with his fiance.

Quinn and Peterka are getting shooting and stickhandling lesson over Zoom from Matt Ellis.

Malenstyn and Aube-Kubel are skating with the Canisius College team, wondering when they're going to meet their new teammates and a little uncertain about whether or not they're at the right rink.

Benson would have been here Saturday to join them, but the Labour Day weekend is peak time in the carny industry and he promised his dad he'd help get the tilt-a-whirl operating properly before they pack up for the Okanagan road trip. Those Peachland crowds can be tough.

How did I know you were yanking our chains?  Matt Ellis would not use Zoom.  Too popular.  Skype is the Matt Ellis of video conferencing platforms.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

How did I know you were yanking our chains?  Matt Ellis would not use Zoom.  Too popular.  Skype is the Matt Ellis of video conferencing platforms.  

Close.  Pretty sure MySpace is the Matt Ellis of video conferencing platforms.  😉 

Edited by Taro T

On 9/3/2024 at 3:02 PM, thewookie1 said:

Where are you seeing this exactly?

There are a bunch of sites that state the same but I’m not sure how reliable they are, seem like a bunch of Hockeybuzz type of sites imo 

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/calgary-flames/latest-news/calgary-flames-open-for-trade-discussions-report

Just now, GoPuckYourself said:

There are a bunch of sites that state the same but I’m not sure how reliable they are, seem like a bunch of Hockeybuzz type of sites imo 

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/calgary-flames/latest-news/calgary-flames-open-for-trade-discussions-report

Kadri and Weegar are interesting candidates; Andersson would likely be a bit rich for my taste based on the present roster makeup  

35 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Kadri and Weegar are interesting candidates; Andersson would likely be a bit rich for my taste based on the present roster makeup  

“He mentioned that the Flames are willing to entertain offers for several key players, including forward Nazem Kadri, who has a no-movement clause but might be open to relocating east, closer to Toronto, though not necessarily to the Maple Leafs.”

I have a team in mind for him. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Well acquiring all 3 isn’t exactly something that happens in hockey

Well we did trade Schoenfeld, Gare and Smith for McCourt, Foligno and Peterson.

So no, it doesn't happen often, but it's not impossible. We are actually one of the few teams that has the assets and prospect capital to make a huge deal for 3 players at once. We COULD do it. Will we? Of course not. 

Edited by PerreaultForever

On 9/5/2024 at 4:42 PM, thewookie1 said:

I would trade a lot for Weegar, in a heartbeat.  He is the type of anchor the Sabre D needs.

And I would finally have my Moosehead on the roster.

On 9/5/2024 at 5:17 PM, kas23 said:

“He mentioned that the Flames are willing to entertain offers for several key players, including forward Nazem Kadri, who has a no-movement clause but might be open to relocating east, closer to Toronto, though not necessarily to the Maple Leafs.”

I have a team in mind for him. 

Red Wings, eh.  I like it.

• Haha (+1) 1

From that article:

”That said, Pagnotta's reports run in conflict to what Elliotte Friedman reported about a week ago when he said the Flames have told the players the team is done making moves and likes the quiet of the summer. ”

I side with Friedman. The time to be making major roster altering moves is not just before camp when everyone has their cap money accounted for.

22 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

I would trade a lot for Weegar, in a heartbeat.  He is the type of anchor the Sabre D needs.

And I would finally have my Moosehead on the roster.

Red Wings, eh.  I like it.

I’m with you 100% on acquiring Weegar. Fills a big need on the ice and in the room.

• Like (+1) 1