Around the NHL: The 2024 Offseason

39 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

idk what their plan is but not signing Reinhart is their easiest cap fix as he's the most expensive. They sign Reinhart they probably have to let several others go. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

With two 2nds better than that one, they better have similar targets targets lined up to use them on.

That’s the kind of deal I’ve been expecting them to make.

It’s a 2015 second round pick. So we have no idea which team has the better pick. 

Or did you mean this years’ picks have more value than that 2015?

1 hour ago, shrader said:

Or did you mean this years’ picks have more value than that 2015?

This.

Even if it didn’t, it was the Avs pick and the chances of them being a bottom-11 team next year are pretty slim

6 hours ago, dudacek said:

This.

Even if it didn’t, it was the Avs pick and the chances of them being a bottom-11 team next year are pretty slim

Yeah, but why does that matter if Buffalo wins the whole thing?😁

Here’s something that I want to see motivate Dahlin to have a big year.

Sweden named its first six players for the upcoming 4 Nations tournament. Three of them are Dmen and he is not included. Hedman, Karlsson and Forsling.

Draft mate Hughes winning the Norris should also light a fire under him.

4 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Here’s something that I want to see motivate Dahlin to have a big year.

Sweden named its first six players for the upcoming 4 Nations tournament. Three of them are Dmen and he is not included. Hedman, Karlsson and Forsling.

Draft mate Hughes winning the Norris should also light a fire under him.

Dahlin is one of the best 5 defenders in the NHL. He simply plays on the leagues most irrelevant team. He's plenty motivated already and was easily our best most consistent player last season. 

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Dahlin is one of the best 5 defenders in the NHL. He simply plays on the leagues most irrelevant team. He's plenty motivated already and was easily our best most consistent player last season. 

I know I would take him over Hughes. Points are sexy and win Norris trophies but there is more to playing defense.

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

Buffalo definitely lost the trade 

He would have been in buffalo long term if they didn't screw with him so much smh 

What did we get for him? Kulich and Levi? 

I suppose one or both would have to become very very good for us to even break even on this trade. Reinhart scored over 50g and won a cup and signed there long term. Shame Adams can't find a trade in reverse for Buffalo where we send Rosen and a 2nd for a 2nd line player. 

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

Buffalo definitely lost the trade 

He would have been in buffalo long term if they didn't screw with him so much smh 

If we’re lucky halfway through Sam’s contract Kulich and Levi will be impact players. 

7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

What did we get for him? Kulich and Levi? 

I suppose one or both would have to become very very good for us to even break even on this trade. Reinhart scored over 50g and won a cup and signed there long term. Shame Adams can't find a trade in reverse for Buffalo where we send Rosen and a 2nd for a 2nd line player. 

Thought the Florida pick was used on Rosen.

(Can't use the strike through while on the phone for some reason, but no it was the Kulich pick.)

Edited by Taro T
D'oh!!! (Long couple of days)