Around the NHL: The 2024 Offseason

I'm pretty sure that we do an in-season thread (that gets pinned), but then also have an offseason thread until the new season begins. So I started one.

I'm not sure what will belong here, since most of the chatter right now should land in threads dedicated to trade rumours, re-signings, actual trades, other transactions, the draft, etc.

But there's gonna be more generic "around the NHL" content. And here's where it belongs.

Perhaps Gary Bettman will get foot surgery for his bunions this summer. This thread would be an appropriate place for a conversation on that subject.

8 minutes ago, Ducky said:

There is talk that the frontrunners for McGroarty are CBJs, Sabres and NYI.

I’d love McGroarty. I have no real reason behind this other than he’s always been a guy I’ve vibed with. 

10 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I’d love McGroarty. I have no real reason behind this other than he’s always been a guy I’ve vibed with. 

It's all about the name.

2 hours ago, TheAud said:

Dakota Joshua (4 years at $3.25 per) and Teddy Blueger (2 years at $1.8M per) both re-sign with Vancouver. 

To think the Sabres had the same cap hit last season for KO & Girgs. 😂

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, #freejame said:

He sounds like he wants a guarantee to be in the NHL and not the AHL.

He might not like competing with Savoie, Kulich, Östlund, Rosen, Neuchev and Wahlberg.

16 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

They should have been in on this one 

With two 2nds better than that one, they better have similar targets targets lined up to use them on.

That’s the kind of deal I’ve been expecting them to make.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

With two 2nds better than that one, they better have similar targets targets lined up to use them one.

That’s the kind of deal I’ve been expecting them to make.

1 minute ago, #freejame said:

If we used the second from SJ I think everyone would have praised Adams for it. 

He had an 8 team no trade list-Buffalo was probably at the top. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1