Will Lindy allow players to have their own goal songs?

PASabreFan

Will Lindy allow players to have their own goal songs?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Lindy allow players to have their own goal songs?

• Yes
    • No

I like a team goal song tbh 

9 hours ago, dudacek said:

Not saying this is you precisely, but I’ve seen a few posts that intimate Lindy’s goals and principles are different than those of the organization, coupled with a hope he will force the organization on to the right track.

I haven’t seen any signs that Lindy and Kevyn aren’t on the same page, that Lindy got the job in spite of their differences, or that Lindy has usurped the power structure in the front office.

I know people are going to read into things like a Skinner buyout as Lindy’s doing, but I’ve never seen Lindy as a Ted Nolan. He’s always been a coach who works well with his bosses and understands the coach’s role in the hierarchy. From what I’ve seen so far, he and Kevyn appear to be aligned.

I agree with this. Adams chose him because he thinks he’ll work well with his vision, not to ask him advice on how to do his job 

8 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

People not liking individual goal songs is the dumbest hill I have ever seen anyone want to die on. God forbid players have any individuality or personality. If Ruff really does squash this, he's truly lost it because this, this isn't the difference between playoffs and not. Focusing on such irrelevant things would really tell me that the coach and management team are clueless beyond belief. Who the ***** cares if players pick a goal song?

It’s not about that, it’s that most of them sound like crap as a goal song

goal songs are a particular thing and vibe. Dare I say they can unnerve an opponent. Thinking of the blackhawks theme in toews heyday  

Edited by Thorny

9 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:
9 hours ago, Weave said:

I've seen that on Twitter, I think? Or here?

Adams is a kid in a trench coat standing on another kid's shoulders.

The original art for that pick came from the show Bojack Horseman.  One of my faves.

2 hours ago, Weave said:

I know I read it on here.  Someone referred to him as 3 kids in a trench coat or something like that.

It *might* have been me?

• Like (+1) 1

I would make them earn it. Don’t make it punitive, but make it a fun competition. Like they get to have goal songs once the team hits 40 goals. Sneaky, fun way of guarding against a slow start and will build camaraderie. 

For the people who don’t like the individual goal songs, do you also dislike MLB players picking their song to walk to the plate to hit? Or when Mariano Rivera walked into a save situation with Enter Sandman?

I care more about a guy scoring than I do the 20 second sound clip they like when they score. To me, it is okay to let these guys have a little fun and show some personality.  

• Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

For the people who don’t like the individual goal songs, do you also dislike MLB players picking their song to walk to the plate to hit? Or when Mariano Rivera walked into a save situation with Enter Sandman?

I care more about a guy scoring than I do the 20 second sound clip they like when they score. To me, it is okay to let these guys have a little fun and show some personality.  

I go with the flow at a hockey game.  However they present it. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Players walking up the the plate aren’t big swell of emotion moments and you can barely hear it on tv 

Not comparable 

• Disagree 1

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

Players walking up the the plate aren’t big swell of emotion moments and you can barely hear it on tv 

Not comparable 

Kind of like how when a significant portion of a crowd is chanting "Fi-re Don-ny."  😉 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.