Will Lindy allow players to have their own goal songs?

PASabreFan

Will Lindy allow players to have their own goal songs?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Lindy allow players to have their own goal songs?

• Yes
    • No

I prefer no individual songs, just a team song.   

But it sounds like Lindy has picked up the vibes of the modern Gen Z players so if it is even up to him, which I am not sure it is, then he will allow it.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

Interesting question.

Lindy is the alpha in the organ-eye-zation now. It's his club. I can see him squashing that sort of thing.

Not saying this is you precisely, but I’ve seen a few posts that intimate Lindy’s goals and principles are different than those of the organization, coupled with a hope he will force the organization on to the right track.

I haven’t seen any signs that Lindy and Kevyn aren’t on the same page, that Lindy got the job in spite of their differences, or that Lindy has usurped the power structure in the front office.

I know people are going to read into things like a Skinner buyout as Lindy’s doing, but I’ve never seen Lindy as a Ted Nolan. He’s always been a coach who works well with his bosses and understands the coach’s role in the hierarchy. From what I’ve seen so far, he and Kevyn appear to be aligned.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Not saying this is you precisely, but I’ve seen a few posts that intimate Lindy’s goals and principles are different than those of the organization, coupled with a hope he will force the organization on to the right track.

I haven’t seen any signs that Lindy and Kevyn aren’t on the same page, that Lindy got the job in spite of their differences, or that Lindy has usurped the power structure in the front office.

I know people are going to read into things like a Skinner buyout as Lindy’s doing, but I’ve never seen Lindy as a Ted Nolan. He’s always been a coach who works well with his bosses and understands the coach’s role in the hierarchy. From what I’ve seen so far, he and Kevyn appear to be aligned.

That is all very fair and considered. And probably mostly true.

This is purely a vibe check. It just seems like Lindy is the guy in charge -- even if he's playing nice with Opie from the Andy Griffith Show.

Just now, That Aud Smell said:

That is all very fair and considered. And probably mostly true.

This is purely a vibe check. It just seems like Lindy is the guy in charge -- even if he's playing nice with Opie from the Andy Griffith Show.

He’s definitely got a presence very few other Sabres have had.

Im also probably projecting how that presence overshadowed Darcy’s but never seemed to affect the boundaries of their roles, or their relationship.

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Im also probably projecting how that presence overshadowed Darcy’s but never seemed to affect the boundaries of their roles, or their relationship.

That's an interesting point. That said, Regier came to the Sabres eminently qualified. Adams? I just don't take the guy seriously as a GM.

22 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

That's an interesting point. That said, Regier came to the Sabres eminently qualified. Adams? I just don't take the guy seriously as a GM.

image.thumb.jpeg.4af25477982c612f43b7ba823979f00c.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 3

People not liking individual goal songs is the dumbest hill I have ever seen anyone want to die on. God forbid players have any individuality or personality. If Ruff really does squash this, he's truly lost it because this, this isn't the difference between playoffs and not. Focusing on such irrelevant things would really tell me that the coach and management team are clueless beyond belief. Who the ***** cares if players pick a goal song?

• dislike 1

13 minutes ago, Weave said:

image.thumb.jpeg.4af25477982c612f43b7ba823979f00c.jpeg

I've seen that on Twitter, I think? Or here?

Adams is a kid in a trench coat standing on another kid's shoulders.

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

People not liking individual goal songs is the dumbest hill I have ever seen anyone want to die on. God forbid players have any individuality or personality. If Ruff really does squash this, he's truly lost it because this, this isn't the difference between playoffs and not. Focusing on such irrelevant things would really tell me that the coach and management team are clueless beyond belief. Who the ***** cares if players pick a goal song?

Daddy, chill.

Will Lindy care about such matters? Probably not.

Could he, though? As part of some of "strip it all down, back to basics" type approach? Maybe.

20 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

What’s weird is many here think Ruff is some sort of modern day Tortorella but the more I read and watch YouTube videos on why Lindy was fired in NJ was because he was not hard enough on the players. 

Lindy was fired because his best defenceman was injured most of the year, 2 more from his his top five left in free agency and got replaced with rookies, and he had some of the worst goaltending in the NHL.

But you're right, Lindy is no Mike Keenan and he's a different coach from the guy who coached Jay McKee

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

Lindy himself just said in a recent interview that he is a different coach now, and that the players are different now, and you have to relate to them and get to know them.   

I still expect he will erupt at the refs, and occasionally the press, and even a few players that don't listen, but he is not going to take the program back to the 80's.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Lindy was fired because his best defenceman was injured most of the year, 2 more from his his top five left in free agency and got replaced with rookies, and he had some of the worst goaltending in the NHL.

But you're right, Lindy is no Mike Keenan and he's a different coach from the guy who coached Jay McKee

Well, sure.  The way his bashing poor Luke Adam over the head absolutely ruined his career and left him a quivering drooling hunk of flesh left a mark on Ruff's soul.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Well, sure.  The way his bashing poor Luke Adam over the head absolutely ruined his career and left him a quivering drooling hunk of flesh left a mark on Ruff's soul.

Has the statute on that crime run? If the Erie County DA had any onions, they'd indict Lindy now for that crime.

Or maybe they are deferring to the U.N. for a crime against humanity charge.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Based on his interview with Bove, it sounds like Lindy has adapted to the younger players.  I fully expect the players to have their own goal songs unless their leader (Dahlin?) says otherwise.  Although hearing about how much Rasmus craved the recognition and accolades of the all-star team nomination, me thinks he’s down for some goal songs, FBOW. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

What’s weird is many here think Ruff is some sort of modern day Tortorella but the more I read and watch YouTube videos on why Lindy was fired in NJ was because he was not hard enough on the players. 

Not entirely sure what he was supposed to do in Jersey... bag skate a bunch of rookies who are filling in for their multiple injuries on defense and swiss cheese goaltending?

It's not as if the Devils had a veteran-laden team that was fully healthy but playing lazily. 

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Time for you to go watch Shorsey 🙂

3 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Lindy himself just said in a recent interview that he is a different coach now, and that the players are different now, and you have to relate to them and get to know them.   

I still expect he will erupt at the refs, and occasionally the press, and even a few players that don't listen, but he is not going to take the program back to the 80's.  

Some things don't change though. Standards and work ethics and team unity still hold for many of the top teams and that's part of why they are the top teams. You can have personalities and individuals as long as they put team first. We shall see what happens here. 

6 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

I've seen that on Twitter, I think? Or here?

Adams is a kid in a trench coat standing on another kid's shoulders.

I know I read it on here.  Someone referred to him as 3 kids in a trench coat or something like that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.