Assuming the Sabres keep the 11th overall pick, who do you want and who do think Adams takes?

Who Do You Want at 11?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do you want at 11, assuming Celebrini, Demidov, Levshonov, Buium and Lindstrom are already drafted?

• Catton
    • Parekh
    • Yakemchuk
    • Sennecke
    • Silayev
    • Dickinson
    • Iginla
    • Helenius
    • Eiserman
    • Brandsegg-Nygard
    • Chernyshov
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do think Adams will draft at 11?

• Catton
    • Parekh
    • Yakemchuk
    • Sennecke
    • Silayev
    • Dickinson
    • Iginla
    • Helenius
    • Eiserman
    • Brandsegg-Nyagrd
    • Chernyshov
    • Other
  3. 3. No way “________” falls to 11

• Catton
    • Parekh
    • Yakemchuk
    • Sennecke
    • Silayev
    • Dickinson
    • Iginla
    • Helenius
    • Eiserman
    • Brandsegg-Nygard
    • Chernyshov
    • Other

1 minute ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

In LGR i trust when it comes to the prospects!!! 😁

I want a Benson, but bigger!! LOL That old phrase "Crush, Kill, Destroy!!!"

Hmm, Brandsegg-Nygård is not Benson. He doesn't imo have the same ability to manipulate and prepare space. He does possess a better shot and a similar motor. He's just under 6'1" and already close to 200lbs. His skating impo is underrated, as are some of his tools but he's the best checking forward in this draft. 

11 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

If they keep the pick they're not serious about winning or making the playoffs

It is possible that they can trade a few prospects and still keep the draft pick at 11.   Right? 

They have a lot of options and it comes down to whether the trade partner wants 11OA, or one of our current prospects more?  

• Like (+1) 1

Brandsegg-Nygård put up 10pts in 12 qualification games to end his team's season in the Allvenskan. That's on top of the 18pts in 41 games for the regular season. He did really well for an 18yr old in a men's league and is probably only 1 or 2 years away from an NHL lineup. His defensive game is very polished. 

18 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Brandsegg-Nygård put up 10pts in 12 qualification games to end his team's season in the Allvenskan. That's on top of the 18pts in 41 games for the regular season. He did really well for an 18yr old in a men's league and is probably only 1 or 2 years away from an NHL lineup. His defensive game is very polished. 

Sold!!! Sign me up!!

30 minutes ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

Sold!!! Sign me up!!

Far from just holding his own, Brandsegg-Nygȗrd bullied his opponents most nights. He went into every retrieval seeking out contact and almost always connected. Thunderous hits sent his opponents flying from the puck, and when he couldn’t overwhelm them with brute force, technique would take its place in the form of reverse hits, subtle jabs at the puck through contact to keep it from his opponent’s stick, or a drive up and through their hands to establish inside positioning. - Elite Prospects

13 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

If they are going to trade a younger 'asset' or two, I'd rather they keep THIS pick and trade one of the guys in the pipeline already. You have a bunch of guys 19-21 years old now, keep one or two of them and trade one or two of them, but keep the 'pipeline' going by adding that 17-18 year old. 

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Tbh I’d also rather trade the pick than a prospect. I don’t really believe the “ahh well we have a surplus of sure thing 21 y/o players busting the door down, trade from there and draft for later.”

Ehh. We probably need a pool of them to keep the odds reasonable they can fill out the team in the way we want. They won’t all hit. I think we need the strength of the group. I’d rather not count chickens I’d rather ensure the team is good sooner rather than later and worry about addressing the future with next years draft pick.

itll be easier to address that if we sort out the now first   

3 minutes ago, JP51 said:

Iginla, Nygard or Eiserman for sure I want... I suspect Adams picks another small European figure skater that plays even smaller than his size... or trades the pick for a small European figure skater who makes Olofsson look like Ryan Reaves. 

Agreed.

Adams list of top picks is overflowing with those types: Benson, Savoie, Power, Quinn...

And his trades, Tuch, Greenway, Byram...

Wait, what are we talking about...?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, JP51 said:

Iginla, Nygard or Eiserman for sure I want... I suspect Adams picks another small European figure skater that plays even smaller than his size... or trades the pick for a small European figure skater who makes Olofsson look like Ryan Reaves. 

Except, with their first pick in the draft the Sabes selected:

-last year (2023), a Canadian

-2022, a Canadian

-2021, a Canadian

-2020, a Canadian

-2019, a Canadian

So in reference to a thread that is talkin about who they will pick with their first selection in the first round.....why exactly are saying you suspect Adams will pick ANOTHER one? 

If you want to pick on Adams there are ways to do it other than to say things that don't have any basis in fact.

Edited by mjd1001

Just now, JP51 said:

What a strange comment. Outside of I suppose Östlund and maybe Rosen? they haven't drafted any small euro players. 

2023: 

Wahlberg, 6'3" and certainly uses his size

Strbak, 6'3" and loves using his size

Jiri Kulich, 6'1" and uses size

Komarov, 6'3" and is a blend

Poltapov, only 5'11" but not a figure skater

I really only come up with Östlund, Rosen, and Kisakov? 

29 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Except, with their first pick in the draft the Sabes selected:

-last year (2023), a Canadian

-2022, a Canadian

-2021, a Canadian

-2020, a Canadian

-2019, a Canadian

So in reference to a thread that is talkin about who they will pick with their first selection in the first round.....why exactly are saying you suspect Adams will pick ANOTHER one? 

If you want to pick on Adams there are ways to do it other than to say things that don't have any basis in fact.

Zach Benson is well known for avoiding contact and being a figure skater. His draft profile reads "small guy that avoids contact as much as possible and loves playing the perimeter. If he can avoid a physical battle he will as he tries to hide behind bigger teammates. Soft and small are the best adjectives to describe Zach Benson"

... har har. 

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/3e44edc1-c666-4da6-b134-d8cf170cfc30

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Agreed.

Adams list of top picks is overflowing with those types: Benson, Savoie, Power, Quinn...

And his trades, Tuch, Greenway, Byram...

Wait, what are we talking about...?

Adams fetish for Canadian players? 

The Sabres for a very long time were very American player heavy in and around the gaustad years 

finally the sabres smartened up and realized drafting more good Canadian boys was the secret to success

Edited by Thorny
The latter portion of this post was edited by Don Cherry
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Adams fetish for Canadian players? 

The Sabres for a very long time were very American player heavy in and around the gaustad years 

finally the sabres smartened up and realized drafting more good Canadian boys was the secret to success

What success has Buffalo had since the gaustad era?

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.nhl.com/news/topic/nhl-draft/final-mock-2024-nhl-draft-intrigue-after-1st-3-picks

The NHL.com draft guys have us taking Catton or Yaremchuk at 11. Please no to both.  Yaremchuk has Ristolainen written all over him and Catton is Nic Petan 2.0 (cheap shot? Maybe, but I don’t want another small forward).

This is the moment to get a big physical power forward this organization is desperate for.  

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

https://www.nhl.com/news/topic/nhl-draft/final-mock-2024-nhl-draft-intrigue-after-1st-3-picks

The NHL.com draft guys have us taking Catton or Yaremchuk at 11. Please no to both.  Yaremchuk has Ristolainen written all over him and Catton is Nic Petan 2.0 (cheap shot? Maybe, but I don’t want another small forward).

This is the moment to get a big physical power forward this organization is desperate for.  

Desperate? No. Won't be in Buffalo for 3 years or matter for 4.