Assuming the Sabres keep the 11th overall pick, who do you want and who do think Adams takes?

GASabresIUFAN

Who Do You Want at 11?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do you want at 11, assuming Celebrini, Demidov, Levshonov, Buium and Lindstrom are already drafted?

• Catton
    • Parekh
    • Yakemchuk
    • Sennecke
    • Silayev
    • Dickinson
    • Iginla
    • Helenius
    • Eiserman
    • Brandsegg-Nygard
    • Chernyshov
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do think Adams will draft at 11?

• Catton
    • Parekh
    • Yakemchuk
    • Sennecke
    • Silayev
    • Dickinson
    • Iginla
    • Helenius
    • Eiserman
    • Brandsegg-Nyagrd
    • Chernyshov
    • Other
  3. 3. No way “________” falls to 11

• Catton
    • Parekh
    • Yakemchuk
    • Sennecke
    • Silayev
    • Dickinson
    • Iginla
    • Helenius
    • Eiserman
    • Brandsegg-Nygard
    • Chernyshov
    • Other

Celebrini is going no. 1, and while they may not be the next 4 picks, Demidov, Buium, Lindstrom and Levshunov aren’t going to be there at 11.  However, I can see a scenario where every other highly rated prospect could be there at 11. 

That next group includes Catton, Parekh, Silayev, Yakemchuk, Sennecke, Dickinson, Eiserman, Iginla, Helenius, Brandsegg-Nygard, and Chernyshov and they could get drafted in any order.  So who do you want and who do think Adams will draft at 11?

Anyone else from my group of 11 names that you think there is no chance he’ll be available at 11?

I have absolutely no idea what kind of big picture the Sabres data crunchers have painted of Cole Eiserman.

But I find him the most fascinating player likely to be available when they pick.

I don’t think casual draftniks understand how prolific this kid is. And I very much want Sam Ventura to supply the proper context.

Eiserman is the all-time leading goal scorer for the USNTDP. He scored 127 goals in two years in the same circumstances that saw Auston Matthews score 79 and Patrick Kane 84. I’ve seen people dismiss him as Oliver Wahlstrom. Wahlstrom had 72 goals - that’s not even 2/3rds Eiserman’s totals.

It’s a different sort of ‘yeah, but’ but I see some Zach Benson parallels here despite the fact they are completely different players.

With Benson, 12 teams saw the kid’s terrific all-around game and said “yeah, but” he’s small and not fast.

With Eiserman, teams see his unprecedented gift for scoring goals and also say “yeah but” that’s all he cares about.

Could this be another case of scouts missing the forest for the trees?

I don’t have an informed opinion on how good Eiserman will be.

But I remember when the Sabres made “a complete game” their priority and picked Ric Seiling right before the Islanders took Mike Bossy.

I don’t want that to happen again.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Eiserman is insanely young for the class. He's something like 10 months younger than nygard. I like Eiserman and don't think he's Wahlstrom. His shot mechanics are elite and he's not afraid to be physical. He's a gamble for sure but you could also find yourself getting a 45g 40a scorer winger with some snarl. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

-Silayev is at the top of my wishlist.....assuming Celebrini, Demidov, Levshonov, Buium and Lindstrom are already drafted.

-Yakemchuk is who I THINK they will pick at 11, based on who I think will be gone already.  Do they need a D-mean right now? Nope, but I don't think anyone picked here this year is going to be ready for the team in the next year or two. This pick is for 3-4 years (at least) down the road. I think Yakemchuk will be a blend of 'best  player available' and "who actually IS available'.

-Parekh will be long gone of the choices of who won't be there.  Dickinson also won't be there. Sennecke and Catton I think will be gone too but there is a chance they slide.   Everyone else on you list I think is a greater than 50% chance or better of still being there. Chernyshov will be there for sure and taking him at 11 would be a big-time reach.

I’d love to add Eiserman.  I read recently that the issue with Cole is his skill set beyond scoring. I think it was Pronman who recently wrote that he originally thought Eiserman’s skills were elite beyond scoring, but now he think their just ok.  

I think the whole package is there, but team USA needs an elite scorer and he’s it.

Don't follow the juniors kids anywhere near as closely as some of you do.  Appreciate all the info the draftniks here do provide.

Based on what's been said, would be really happy with Catton or Iginla and am extremely intrigued at the idea of getting Eiserman.  Would be pleased if the Sabres come away with any of them.

And if they trade back in the 1st, want Jiricek's kid brother, just because.

10 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

If they keep the pick they're not serious about winning or making the playoffs

It depends how many of the glut of forward prospects we trade to get the players we need.  If we trade two of Savoie, Östlund, Kulich and Rosen, we would be wise to keep the 11th overall pick.  In fact, that is the strategy to fix the NHL roster I’d prefer.

• Agree 2

I’m a little surprised Dickinson isn’t getting any love.  This is a terrific hockey player.  I don’t think he gets to 11, but if he does, I can see him making Byram expendable in a couple of years. 

https://thehockeynews.com/news/sam-dickinson-vs-artyom-levshunov-who-would-you-choose-in-the-nhl-draft

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I’m a little surprised Dickinson isn’t getting any love.  This is a terrific hockey player.  I don’t think he gets to 11, but if he does, I can see him making Byram expendable in a couple of years. 

https://thehockeynews.com/news/sam-dickinson-vs-artyom-levshunov-who-would-you-choose-in-the-nhl-draft

Lhd just isn't sexy for most. 

I want Tij Iginla, I just think his overall game is NHL ready. I believe if we keep the pick we'll draft RHD Carter Yakemchuck 6'3" 190 lbs., led all defensmen in the WHL with 30 goals but also brings a physical presence as well. I also have Iginla in the "no way he falls" category, I just think the Flames will almost be forced to go Iginla here if he's still on the board.

Edited by GoPuckYourself

4 minutes ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

I want hard to play against..... preferably someone that is not going to be easily pushed off the puck. Offence, Defence, does not matter. No more softies or patsys

Brandsegg-Nygård is the guy for you. 

Edited by LGR4GM