NHL trade & FA rumors (Sabres & Non-Sabres)

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Two guys that I would like.   A vet 2C/3C that scores 25 goals and 60 points, and a solid checker that scores 15'ish goals as a 3/4 line contributor.  

Anyone know the ask? 

Ehlers is a winger. Plays either side. Adequate...ish defensively.

He is making 6m AAV for one more year and then I would guess he expects a raise.

7 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Ehlers is a winger. Plays either side. Adequate...ish defensively.

He is making 6m AAV for one more year and then I would guess he expects a raise.

Thanks.   Oh well, we could use help on the wing too.  

I don't expect that trade to happen anyway. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Thanks.   Oh well, we could use help on the wing too.  

I don't expect that trade to happen anyway. 

It'd be hard to move Ehlers until July 1st because he can't extend until then.

I guess Chevy could always let them talk so they know if he is interested in extending.

Don't want to see him go but I think it is going to happen.

I also think that what you would get for him before July 1st, would be about what you would get for him at the TD.

Edited by Ducky
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

We haven't made the playoffs in 13 years. We haven't won a playoff series since 2007. Yet you want us to worry about what might happen on our cap in 2025 with a couple of RFAs we could easily bridge for 3 years?

The salary is too much and the term is too lengthy. No thanks. I just don't see KA going for that type of deal. The odds of him being dealt to Buffalo are infinitesimal. If you think that is possible, that's okay. I see that type of deal being farfetched and basically nonexistent. 

This is what I would like to see happen for Sabres

Tuch     Tage    Bennett or Kane

Quinn    Cozens    Peterka

Savoie  Laughton C   Benson  OR  Savoie  Benson C   Kane

Greenway   Krebs   Rousek

Dahlin   Power

Bo Byram   Tyler Meyer

Samuelsson    Joki or Johnson

backup Clifton or Bryson

UPL/Levi

1 hour ago, TRIP65 said:

This is what I would like to see happen for Sabres

Tuch     Tage    Bennett or Kane

Quinn    Cozens    Peterka

Savoie  Laughton C   Benson  OR  Savoie  Benson C   Kane

Greenway   Krebs   Rousek

Dahlin   Power

Bo Byram   Tyler Meyer

Samuelsson    Joki or Johnson

backup Clifton or Bryson

UPL/Levi

Meyers just re signed with nucks...

• Like (+1) 1

Larry Brooks of the NY Post talking about Shesterkin’s contract:

”The gulp may be even larger than you imagine with The Post having been told that Shesterkin’s camp is aiming for a contract under which the goaltender would start with 14 percent of the cap, which would equate to a netminding record of $12.9M under an expected $92M cap for 2025-26. 

The cap hit would remain at $12.9M through the contract while the percentage would decline as the cap is expected to increase.

But that number seems untenable on a deal that would likely be seven or eight years and take Shesterkin — who has had two very uneven regular seasons following his 2021-22 Vezina — to age 36 or 37. 

In fact, I’d suggest it would be untenable for the Rangers, GM Chris Drury and the hierarchy to enter the season with Shesterkin as a pending free agent.”

17 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Larry Brooks of the NY Post talking about Shesterkin’s contract:

”The gulp may be even larger than you imagine with The Post having been told that Shesterkin’s camp is aiming for a contract under which the goaltender would start with 14 percent of the cap, which would equate to a netminding record of $12.9M under an expected $92M cap for 2025-26. 

The cap hit would remain at $12.9M through the contract while the percentage would decline as the cap is expected to increase.

But that number seems untenable on a deal that would likely be seven or eight years and take Shesterkin — who has had two very uneven regular seasons following his 2021-22 Vezina — to age 36 or 37. 

In fact, I’d suggest it would be untenable for the Rangers, GM Chris Drury and the hierarchy to enter the season with Shesterkin as a pending free agent.”

I'd love for the Rangers to do this because it would be a massive mistake. Couple it with a full NMC.. please.

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

Sooo not Stamkos, who is clearly going to end up in Toronto... so they can then trade Marner or something goofy.

The NHL will give us plenty to talk about.. probably not so much related to the Sabres though.

4 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/lightning-acquire-rights-to-jake-guentzel-from-hurricanes/

TB going all in on Guentzel. I just don’t get it. Moving on from Stamkos and Sergachev to bring in Guentzel.

Probably means Necas stays in Carolina

Sabres ? 

hay-ball.gif

2 minutes ago, LTS said:

I'd love for the Rangers to do this because it would be a massive mistake. Couple it with a full NMC.. please.

Sooo not Stamkos, who is clearly going to end up in Toronto... so they can then trade Marner or something goofy.

The NHL will give us plenty to talk about.. probably not so much related to the Sabres though.

It's most likely the wings 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.