NHL trade & FA rumors (Sabres & Non-Sabres)

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

image.thumb.png.1293d41b37e5463d7ddddf8ab5ab66e7.png

Yes. Please. 

He's 34, but 40 goals last season.   May still have another 3 good years left 

3 for 33 million?  

Too damm old to get that kind of money.   IT would be so Buffalo to pay that though.  

• Like (+1) 2

Wonder if you could get Calgary to retain even 1mil on that contract. 6mil for 5 years is just much more palatable from a salary standpoint. Would be very interested in seeing what they wanted because Calgary is going to rebuild. 

13 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Wonder if you could get Calgary to retain even 1mil on that contract. 6mil for 5 years is just much more palatable from a salary standpoint. Would be very interested in seeing what they wanted because Calgary is going to rebuild. 

Coleman could be available too.

Kadri has won his Cup, Calgary in a rebuild. Buffalo is near London and need a 2-3C.

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Whether that's really Calgary's stance on Kadri or just posturing on their part, you'd think that the Sabres at least have the assets to match up in any potential trade with them. How many potential deals will be 86'd due to these NMC's? It's a stark reality for KA and company.

10 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Kadri has 5 more years on his contract at 7M AAV, he'll be 38 when it expires. I do like Blake Coleman though at 3 years 4.9M AAV, would be a solid 3rd line C for Benson and Greenway to produce.

That is true, there is risk with Kadri but let me ask this. Would you rather have Coleman playing with Benson and Greenway OR would you rather have Kadri or Cozens playing with Benson and Greenway? 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

I wish the no-movement lists were made public, that would help stop the endless "maybe we should trade for this player who will never come here" posts.

I wish they were eliminated altogehter.  Keep the contracts guarenteed if you want but trades are what brings excitement to fans.  Fans paying ludicrous money on tickets and merch is what pays for those guarenteed contracts.  Eliminate no trade clauses in every sense of the word.  Just my 2 cents....

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Derrico said:

I wish they were eliminated altogehter.  Keep the contracts guarenteed if you want but trades are what brings excitement to fans.  Fans paying ludicrous money on tickets and merch is what pays for those guarenteed contracts.  Eliminate no trade clauses in every sense of the word.  Just my 2 cents....

Unfortunately that will never happen, and I think it's okay for players to earn the right to be able to control having some sort of stability in their lives, especially those with families.

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

That is true, there is risk with Kadri but let me ask this. Would you rather have Coleman playing with Benson and Greenway OR would you rather have Kadri or Cozens playing with Benson and Greenway? 

If you consider the term still left on Kadri's contract, I would prefer Coleman. I'm not saying he's better. But taking on Kadri's contract will create a cap squeeze when Quinn and JJP's contract need to be addressed. Also, adding Coleman instead of Kadri, would give you more financial flexibility to pursue other players. Interestingly, Craig Button did bring up both of these players as players that KA could pursue on today's WGR Sabre Live show. 

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

If you consider the term still left on Kadri's contract, I would prefer Coleman. I'm not saying he's better. But taking on Kadri's contract will create a cap squeeze when Quinn and JJP's contract need to be addressed. Also, adding Coleman instead of Kadri, would give you more financial flexibility to pursue other players. Interestingly, Craig Button did bring up both of these players as players that KA could pursue on today's WGR Sabre Live show. 

We haven't made the playoffs in 13 years. We haven't won a playoff series since 2007. Yet you want us to worry about what might happen on our cap in 2025 with a couple of RFAs we could easily bridge for 3 years?

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I like Kadri a lot, he’s the perfect fit for what we need I just hate the term and price tag but if we acquired him I’d be happy. If Cozens is on line 3 I think it’s a fail (I know some say line doesn’t matter but I believe it does, he just wouldn’t get the minutes desired for his salary imo). 

31 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Can you tell me a bit more on Marino? It appears he’s a RHD, has 3 more years left at 4.4M AAV but only 25 Pts and a -6? Seems way high, does he at least bring any toughness?

Edited by GoPuckYourself

2 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Can you tell me a bit more on Marino? It appears he’s a RHD, has 4 more years left at 4.4M AAV but only 25 Pts and a -6? Seems way high, does he at least bring any toughness?

3 years left.

36 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Neither, because I'd have Benson on my second line and Greenway on my fourth. Kadri is on my third.

With who you might ask? With 2 players currently not on this roster. 

35 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Canucks would be acting like real team if they bring in Marino for Zadorov.   I wish the Sabres could do these things.  

Simple things are hard for them.   

For some reason the culture issues feel more real right now. 

We need a few really positive moves to improve the roster.  

Edited by Pimlach

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.