NHL trade & FA rumors (Sabres & Non-Sabres)

1 hour ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

I will be livid if we make all our picks during this draft. If we get a couple of nobodies in F/A or a token signing, i will be lighting the torches for KA head......I have had enough 

I just want to point out that there’s really nothing he’s done to not have had this opinion at this time last season. Posters were getting lambasted for saying things like this all year. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I just want to point out that there’s really nothing he’s done to not have had this opinion at this time last season. Posters were getting lambasted for saying things like this all year. 

I gave him benefit of doubt as i expected players to get better. Not KA fault most regressed. The Mitts trade was not a bad one. I think that was a win win for both teams. Now he has the assets in both draft picks and young talented kids. There is zero reason to not get what this team needs. What we do NOT need is another 7 prospects! We need NHL hard to play against middle 6 players and 1 more hard to play against defenseman!! 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, inkman said:

Are there any actual Sabres trade rumors in this thread?  I haven’t seen one. 

I heard Kevyn is considering making a trade for either an impact forward or a defenseman or possibly a depth player, but that making trades is tough. 

• Haha (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/tampa-bay-lightning-victor-hedman-working-towards-extension-1.2141566

TB going to announce a Hedman extension. So either Stamkos is gone or the Lightning are going to have to move significant salary.

Cirelli, Cernak, Jeannot come on down😁

Hedman new captain 

5 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Also remember there wasn’t a sniff of the Mitts-Byram deal out there.

Adams said the pick swap with SJ was weeks in the making and no one heard about that either.

It took that long to move back 3 spots lol 😆 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Hedman new captain 

It took that long to move back 3 spots lol 😆 

I don't think he realizes what people’s impression of him is, otherwise he would be much more careful in what he says. Yeah, maybe it took three weeks from when Grier first talked to Adams about moving back, but that doesn’t mean it took three weeks to iron out. Grier has been very active and this trade could have been made at any point in time up to pick 11.

22 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I don't think he realizes what people’s impression of him is, otherwise he would be much more careful in what he says. Yeah, maybe it took three weeks from when Grier first talked to Adams about moving back, but that doesn’t mean it took three weeks to iron out. Grier has been very active and this trade could have been made at any point in time up to pick 11.

I think it is a combination of Kevyn being a little too honest and also trying to portray the “GMing is hard” trope he’s been on recently.  

2 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/tampa-bay-lightning-victor-hedman-working-towards-extension-1.2141566

TB going to announce a Hedman extension. So either Stamkos is gone or the Lightning are going to have to move significant salary.

Cirelli, Cernak, Jeannot come on down😁

Or take a serious run at Stamkos.

10 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I think it is a combination of Kevyn being a little too honest and also trying to portray the “GMing is hard” trope he’s been on recently.  

I agree... and the devaluation of the Brand over the past 2 decades cannot make it easier to get players to come here that have NMC in their contract... Seems everytime I see or hear of someone who has 10 teams crossed out the Sabres seem to be one of them... and quite frankly, who can blame them... 

TSN’s Craig Button with a long winded story of Stamkos going to UFA.
He says the best fit would be Buffalo. He could be a complimentary offensive piece that has immediate credibility upon entering the dressing room.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/button-stamkos-will-have-a-lot-of-offers-tampa-wont-be-able-to-r~2948242

This would help attract the bottom six guys as well.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, French Collection said:

TSN’s Craig Button with a long winded story of Stamkos going to UFA.
He says the best fit would be Buffalo. He could be a complimentary offensive piece that has immediate credibility upon entering the dressing room.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/button-stamkos-will-have-a-lot-of-offers-tampa-wont-be-able-to-r~2948242

This would help attract the bottom six guys as well.

How are we going to convince him to come here  (starting with offering 10Million a year)

4 hours ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

I gave him benefit of doubt as i expected players to get better. Not KA fault most regressed. The Mitts trade was not a bad one. I think that was a win win for both teams. Now he has the assets in both draft picks and young talented kids. There is zero reason to not get what this team needs. What we do NOT need is another 7 prospects! We need NHL hard to play against middle 6 players and 1 more hard to play against defenseman!! 

Totally agree... we have got to balance this team out with players who operate in small space and take away space physically. It will also do wonders for our highly skilled players by giving them some space and liberate some of those other players like Cozens, Tuch, Dahlin and maybe  even Thompson and Power who will be inclined to use thier size if they dont have to be the #1 aggressors on this team.  (although I am not sure Power has it in him) 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.