NHL trade & FA rumors (Sabres & Non-Sabres)

Just now, LGR4GM said:

No one cares about the xs. Everyone can use them, it's a good feature. 

That’s not what the connotation of Flash’s post implied but whatever. I’m moving on at this point, block as necessary 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

No one cares about the xs. Everyone can use them, it's a good feature. 

For the record I think the feature is bad. But i have to play by the rules of the board. Like I said I’ve given out as many likes as anyone, but the feature only works of it’s not unbalanced. You have to use the range of them imo if at all 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

You disagree he could be the best available or disagree he’d be better than running it back? 

the latter

Effectively in my opinion, spending assets and money to sign Necas and buyout Skinner is a worse outcome than running it back entirely due to the fact I don't see Necas as much of a boost to this team if at all. If I have an IPhone 12 and I buy out the contract, then proceed to give up father's flip phone and purchase another contract for a slightly shinier IPhone 12 then all I've done is spend money and assets for the sake of it.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

It doesn't bother me. X away. 

And like I said, block away 

3 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

the latter

Effectively in my opinion, spending assets and money to sign Necas and buyout Skinner is a worse outcome than running it back entirely due to the fact I don't see Necas as much of a boost to this team if at all. If I have an IPhone 12 and I buy out the contract, then proceed to give up father's flip phone and purchase another contract for a slightly shinier IPhone 12 then all I've done is spend money and assets for the sake of it.

Wouldn’t want to give up father’s stuff. Father gets mad 

- - - 

I actually think Necas is pretty good and played t6 on a good team so if we couldn’t make that work on even a PLAYOFF team I think the issue lies more with the constructors 

isn’t everyone saying Skinner is a net negative now? Does Necas provide negative value? 

Edited by Thorny

We're getting rid of Skinner to change the look of the team right? But if you bring in Necas, sure he can go on the 3rd or 2nd line whatever but he's better Skinner basically. It's painting a room and saying you remodeled. 

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

And like I said, block away 

Wouldn’t want to give up father’s stuff. Father gets mad 

- - - 

I actually think Necas is pretty good and played t6 on a good team so if we couldn’t make that work on even a PLAYOFF team I think the issue lies more with the constructors 

I'm frankly not a fan of Necas which is likely where this stems from.

7 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

How is he not too embarrassed to even say that?  

These comments are becoming his theme.   

If KA is not able to execute trades to make the team better then he needs to be replaced with someone who can. Isn't that one of the three legs to building a roster? He put the team - and therefor himself - in a position (desperation now?) to be bent over to make a trade. I believe other teams' GM's know this - he's either going to have to overpay or find a new job.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

The Sabres aren’t in a *position* to turn their noses up at new paint

We need every point we can get 

Skinner on average has gotten more points in most years

Necas

23 - 24   77 GP - 53 PTs

22 - 23    82 GP - 71 PTs

21 - 22    78 GP  - 40 PTS

20 - 21     53 GP  -  41 PTs

19 - 20      64 GP   -  36 PTS

Skinner

23 - 24   74 GP - 46 PTs

22 - 23    79 GP - 82 PTs

21 - 22    80 GP  - 63 PTS

20 - 21     53 GP  -  14 PTs   Kruegerized

19 - 20      59 GP   -  23 PTS   Kruegerized

18 - 19     82 GP  - 63 PTS

16 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

How is he not too embarrassed to even say that?  

These comments are becoming his theme.   

He seemed so reluctant to finally push in on it being the team’s time to win, I wouldn’t be surprised if these deals are falling through because he takes such a hard line on value all the time and is reluctant to be flexible 

• Agree 2

Just now, thewookie1 said:

Skinner on average has gotten more points in most years

Necas

23 - 24   77 GP - 53 PTs

22 - 23    82 GP - 71 PTs

21 - 22    78 GP  - 40 PTS

20 - 21     53 GP  -  41 PTs

19 - 20      64 GP   -  36 PTS

Skinner

23 - 24   74 GP - 46 PTs

22 - 23    79 GP - 82 PTs

21 - 22    80 GP  - 63 PTS

20 - 21     53 GP  -  14 PTs   Kruegerized

19 - 20      59 GP   -  23 PTS   Kruegerized

18 - 19     82 GP  - 63 PTS

Right, but I’m the guy saying I didn’t want to buyout Skinner

the cap shouldn’t be the concern right now. It’s verging on bizarro world laughable right now the amount of cap prioritizing we do when we don’t even have evidence we’d even use the money haha. And we have so much space. Until we make the playoffs the concern, the priority needs to be TALENT IN. As much as possible. Worry about sorting out the 4 year cap issues in 4 years

focusing on the concerns of later as opposed to now IS a self fulfilling prophecy where we don’t prioritize now so don’t win now 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

He seemed so reluctant to finally push in on it being the team’s time to win, I wouldn’t be surprised if these deals are falling through because he takes such a hard line on value all the time and is reluctant to be flexible 

It all goes back to his qualifications. 

He has done a few good things, very few for 4 years, but it seems like other GMs apparently do not take him seriously.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, Thorny said:

Right, but I’m the guy saying I didn’t want to buyout Skinner

the cap shouldn’t be the concern right now. It’s verging on bizarro world laughable right now the amount of cap prioritizing we do when we don’t even have evidence we’d even use the money haha. And we have so much space. Until we make the playoffs the concern, the priority needs to be TALENT IN. As much as possible. Worry about sorting out the 4 year cap issues in 4 years

focusing on the concerns of later as opposed to now IS a self fulfilling prophecy where we don’t prioritize now so don’t win now 

Well, Necas would effectively be replacing Skinner due to his ask. 

6 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

?It all goes back to his qulaifications. 

He has done a few good things, very few for 4 years, but it seems like other GMs apparently do not take him seriously.  

The fact of the matter is the Buffalo Sabres have averaged 76 points per season the 4 years Adams has been here. So why would they? I told you this would happen, the folly of touting purely relative improvement rather than relative to the league as a whole 

Frankly, one year ago:

On 6/23/2023 at 7:27 PM, Thorny said:

An additional issue with 37-75-91 is its strength lies entirely in the improvement number over number. Add one misstep in there and it’s, say, 37-75-91-89 and we’re back to looking at average points, and in that case wooooooo boy. 

Make the playoffs. 

Not only did that misstep come to fruition, it was worse than I predicted by 5 points 

The league sees a 76 point club because we are a 76 point club. No one is going “well actually 84”. We are what Adams has amounted to so far 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Well, Necas would effectively be replacing Skinner due to his ask. 

I suppose their theory would be retaining the production in the top 6 without torpedoing the way the line plays, with seems to be the consensus which how Skinner sort of takes over the shift dynamics

ie, maybe Necas’ numbers look similar to Skinner there but his C and RW’s look better? 

Edited by Thorny

Trouba wants to stay in NY for family reasons. Dreger mentioned in on WGR earlier today, so I am not convinced Buffalo would be on that list. Nice short and direct flight from Buffalo to NYC. 

I don’t want Trouba for $8 million. I think his play has gone downhill. If Rangers were willing to retain he would be a nice leader on the 2nd pair for Byram or Power.

I read that the Jets asking price for McGroarty was a 2nd and 3rd. Wonder if Sabres are looking at that with the extra 2nd.

I think they are probably looking at using the 1st in a deal and like some have said, using the 2nd to move Skinner if a deal lines up that Skinner agrees to waive for.

That would still leave them with a 2nd to use in the draft.

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, inkman said:

Almost 100% certainty that the Sabres are on that list.  

But man what I would do if they could somehow add him.  Exactly what this D needs. 

The guy is complete washed up garbage which is why the freaking rags are trying to unload the guy. If you want a minimally talented cheap shot artist give Pat Kaletta a call as it would be far cheaper.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

He may also very well he the best option. Adding Necas is certainly better than running it back. 

I mean look at this. Here we go….

What you aren’t getting is that it’s like really hard to be a GM in the NHL. Let him get through his learning curve. 

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, sabremike said:

The guy is complete washed up garbage which is why the freaking rags are trying to unload the guy. If you want a minimally talented cheap shot artist give Pat Kaletta a call as it would be far cheaper.

wasn't it injury related?  Maybe an off-season will do wonders.  Personally, I'd gladly take him if NYR retains some salary 

We don't have ANY tough nasty players on this team 

42 minutes ago, inkman said:

Almost 100% certainty that the Sabres are on that list.  

But man what I would do if they could somehow add him.  Exactly what this D needs. 

You want Trouba? He's horrible ranger fans would dance in the streets

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.