NHL trade & FA rumors (Sabres & Non-Sabres)

7 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Contrary to popular belief, as the Sabres organization has proven, there is not always hope.

Don't do this to yourself, don't dare to dream our Sabres would actually make some moves to give us fans hope.

No pain.....No gain? 🤣 

Don't know whether to laugh or cry.

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Jack Quinn is better than Necas.

Completely agree. Quinn's game off the wall is essential, and we're a much more fluid offensive group with him in the line-up.  He's easily a top 3 wing on this team behind Tuch and Peterka.

I am excited to see Savoie in camp this year.   He was fabulous last season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, Rasmus_ said:

Completely agree. Quinn's game off the wall is essential, and we're a much more fluid offensive group with him in the line-up.  He's easily a top 3 wing on this team behind Tuch and Peterka.

I am excited to see Savoie in camp this year.   He was fabulous last season.

Quinn is better than Peterka. Peterka may be a faster north/south skater, but Quinn is a quicker skater more adept in moving in tight spaces. He's also a smarter and more instinctive player who knows where to go as the play develops. I'm not knocking JJP who I like a lot and is going to get even better, but if I had a choice between the two, it would definitely be Quinn. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Archie Lee said:

Not reading any specific implication into your comment, but it seems likely if we trade for Necas there will be a few “why do we even have Ventura” and “does Adams even consider analytics” posts. I get it, but what makes people think our analytics team doesn’t love Necas?  Our internal models may well tell a story that the public models don’t. Why pay a small fortune for an internal analytics team and model development if we are just going to go by what J Fresh tweets (and I like J Fresh). 

Yep. There wasn't any specific implication intended. It just seemed to me that there was a disconnect between projected acquisition cost and worth as defined by the public models. Totally agree with your take. The Sabres need to make that value determination, not us.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Archie Lee said:

Not reading any specific implication into your comment, but it seems likely if we trade for Necas there will be a few “why do we even have Ventura” and “does Adams even consider analytics” posts. I get it, but what makes people think our analytics team doesn’t love Necas?  Our internal models may well tell a story that the public models don’t. Why pay a small fortune for an internal analytics team and model development if we are just going to go by what J Fresh tweets (and I like J Fresh). 

Not likely. They might have more details or be easier to tweak but there wouldn't be enough variance to drastically change the narrative IMPO. 

• Disagree 1

6 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Jack Quinn is better than Necas.

And? 

I like how everyone suggests the concept of balanced lines in theory but the moment you create a lineup on the internet not slotted precisely by perceived rank it’s an issue

Thanks for the input tho

• dislike 1

3 hours ago, Archie Lee said:

He may also very well he the best option. Adding Necas is certainly better than running it back. 

12 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

From @Gabrielor ironically enough

I mean look at this. Here we go….

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

And? 

I like how everyone suggests the concept of balanced lines in theory but the moment you create a lineup on the internet not slotted precisely by perceived rank it’s an issue

Thanks for the input tho

Dude, kiss my grits.

@Thorny so salty today. 

22 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

From @Gabrielor ironically enough

This is honestly exceptionally troubling 

only because we’ve been theorizing in exact words that a lot of what Adams does or pushes out there seems to be in the vein of setting up the “we tried” punchline

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

Just now, Flashsabre said:

I just see like 10 red Xs on a page and I don’t even have to look to know who they all belong to.😂

I think he disagrees with me. Even disagrees with a tweet I posted with no comments. 

2 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I just see like 10 red Xs on a page and I don’t even have to look to know who they all belong to.😂

😂

You realize I’ve given out more likes than every other poster, right? Why are you piling on? 

three red Xs. So scary 

Edited by Thorny

12 minutes ago, Thorny said:

He may also very well he the best option. Adding Necas is certainly better than running it back. 

I mean look at this. Here we go….

I would disagree with the top but that doesn't mean I want to run it back

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I think he disagrees with me. Even disagrees with a tweet I posted with no comments. 

My guy you could have responded to my post with anything. A discussion, constructive criticism…instead you quoted it to say one sentence neither here nor there re: my post about the way I slotted my lines

2 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I would disagree with the top but that doesn't mean I want to run it back

You disagree he could be the best available or disagree he’d be better than running it back? 

Edited by Thorny
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

My guy you could have responded to my post with anything. A discussion, constructive criticism…instead you quoted it to say one sentence neither here nor there re: my post about the way I slotted my lines

My broheim, I don't like Necas because he doesn't change the teams dynamic. 

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

You realize I’ve given out more likes than every other poster, right? Why are you piling on? 

three red Xs. So scary 

No one cares about the xs. Everyone can use them, it's a good feature. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.