NHL trade & FA rumors (Sabres & Non-Sabres)

2 hours ago, Jorcus said:

Rangers looking for better draft pick may move on from Kaapo Kakko. Any interest? If it were straight 11th pick for Kakko baring other trade would seem worth it. 

Kappo Kakko is a bust and a half.  He isnt worth much more than a fourth.  The Rangers havent developed him properly.

15 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

No it's likely to happen he just saw all his X team mates win the cup why wouldn't he leave if things don't go good ? 

Power for  Guenther

Barf.  No thanks on Guenther.

Ahh thanks I see the resemblance 

thet being said, I don’t think it’s the skill set that is why Skinner is finding his way out. It’s his attitude. Lindy loves his role players and a fast offense only guy with the right attitude I think he’d use properly 

He coached Afinigenov all those years. Granted, that relationship probably took some years off of his own life going by the rumors lol

Edited by triumph_communes
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, triumph_communes said:

Ahh thanks I see the resemblance 

thet being said, I don’t think it’s the skill set that is why Skinner is finding his way out. It’s his attitude. Lindy loves his role players and a fast offense only guy with the right attitude I think he’d use properly 

Necas isn't suddenly going to play defense under Lindy Ruff.

14 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Can someone share analytics on Necas. I did t realize opinions on him had soured 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10125729-martin-necas-contract-is-key-to-flyers-blackhawks-title-hopes-amid-nhl-trade-rumors

I'm not offering an opinion on this player. Just pointing out that there are multiple teams interested in acquiring him if the price is right. 

I don’t like the idea of Necas as a centre and bumping Cozens to 3C. If we acquire Necas then I want him in the top 6 playing with Thompson or Cozens (I’m indifferent to who plays centre; they can try Necas at centre with Cozens on the wing and then switch it up if it doesn’t work). With a Skinner buyout it doesn’t need to be our only move. Could still grab Mangiapane in trade or Stephenson as UFA. My guess is that Carolina would want Quinn or Peterka and I’m not sure that’s a good deal (actually think it would be a bad deal). 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Archie Lee said:

I don’t like the idea of Necas as a centre and bumping Cozens to 3C. If we acquire Necas then I want him in the top 6 playing with Thompson or Cozens (I’m indifferent to who plays centre; they can try Necas at centre with Cozens on the wing and then switch it up if it doesn’t work). With a Skinner buyout it doesn’t need to be our only move. Could still grab Mangiapane in trade or Stephenson as UFA. My guess is that Carolina would want Quinn or Peterka and I’m not sure that’s a good deal (actually think it would be a bad deal). 

I do think another center to relieve Thompson is worthwhile. I thought Thompson made for a better winger 

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

If a team like Carolina is willing to move on from him, you should be asking why?

I am. And yes, it's concerning. I'm not totally familiar with Carolinas cap/roster/pipeline situation, but I agree LG. If they are choosing him to move on from, I'd like to know the full back story as to why. He isn't due a contract for another what?, 2 yrs?

14 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I am. And yes, it's concerning. I'm not totally familiar with Carolinas cap/roster/pipeline situation, but I agree LG. If they are choosing him to move on from, I'd like to know the full back story as to why. He isn't due a contract for another what?, 2 yrs?

2nd liner who wants 1st line minutes before next contract?  It seems player driven not team driven 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Thompson is a center and wasn’t good as a winger

Thompson is a Danny Briere sort of a C.  He gets that title and he pretty much plays the role in the neutral and offensive zones but he gets help from a W when he's in his own end.  Tuch ends up the low F inside the defensive zone often, much as Hecht did so when lined up next to Danny and the oft villified Ville Leino did so for Danny in Filly.

• Agree 2

This 11OA pick could yield a good forward as is discussed in other threads.  Do we want to wait 3-4 more years though?   

Kappo -  no.  Don’t want him.  Especially not for 11 this year.  

Necas -  maybe.  Probably not though.  I’d wait to see the draft board before I made that trade.  There are forwards that may be worth the risk and the wait to draft ahead of Necas.  

I’m not crazy about what Necas brings and would prefer similar scoring with more rough n’ tumble play thrown in.  

If we are trading the #1 pick, I would package it to get a center that is an upgrade to Mitts AND subsequently to Cozens for that matter.  

Make an old fashioned hockey trade Kevyn.   Use your many assets to UPGRADE the hole that Mitts left,  plus you have Bryam, then I start to get happy that the team is actually improving.  

2 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

Trading the captain MAY have made the team better (he wasn't playing well at all, and not that many minutes.

Trading his leading scorer may make the team better in the long term.

Cutting the highest paid player again, may make the team better.

So are they moved guaranteed to make the team much better? No, but they are things that MIGHT in the long term, so to the point of the original poster, many on here complain they want him to do SOMETHING, and he certainly has done SOMETHING, and its up to the future to see if those moves are correct.

"may"

The only May that will make us better is a new Brad May. 

• Eyeroll 1

17 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

"may"

The only May that will make us better is a new Brad May. 

Yes May. No one knows for sure.  If someone could know for certain what moves would work and which ones wouldn't, that team would likely win the cup every year.  I don't know. The Sabres don't know. No other team knows. You don't know.  The point that the original poster that I responded to made is that moves ARE getting made. That is it. This forum, in general, has complained for a long time that not enough moves are being made. Well, now they are.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.