NHL trade & FA rumors (Sabres & Non-Sabres)

30 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

We haven't made the playoffs in 13 years. We haven't won a playoff series since 2007. Yet you want us to worry about what might happen on our cap in 2025 with a couple of RFAs we could easily bridge for 3 years?

It's kind of my CapFriendly rant in a nutshell.

Stop trying to be a GM. Be a fan.

(Not addressed to you.)

Edited by PASabreFan

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

It's kind of my CapFriendly rant in a nutshell.

Stop trying to be a GM. Be a fan.

(Not addressed to you.)

Pretending to be a GM is part of being a fan.

From as early as NHL 2000 I used to play Be a GM mode in every NHL game I owned. Its most certainly an element to the fun for some fans.

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Who is that? Ehlers in what Iafallo maybe? 

Yes

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Who is that? Ehlers in what Iafallo maybe? 

Two guys that I would like.   A vet 2C/3C that scores 25 goals and 60 points, and a solid checker that scores 15'ish goals as a 3/4 line contributor.  

Anyone know the ask? 

19 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

He's still elite and a champion and knows how to get to the playoffs what's wrong with that ?overpay as much as you can

He is all of those things, but he is 34 and makes $11M/yr with term left. 

Edited by Pimlach

Just now, Pimlach said:

Two guys that I would like.   A vet 2C/3C that scores 25 goals and 60 points, and a solid checker that scores 15'ish goals as a 3/4 line contributor.  

Anyone know the ask? 

Probably 14th ,2nd, Noah Östlund

Just now, Pimlach said:

He is all of those things, but he is 34 and makes $11M/yr with term left. 

He's a UFA

Just now, SabreFinn said:

And if Ehlers sign an extension at same numbers as current, that is a deal to me.

Ten years ago you require an extension. Just do it at this point. Win hockey games and players will stay. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, French Collection said:

TSN’s Craig Button with a long winded story of Stamkos going to UFA.
He says the best fit would be Buffalo. He could be a complimentary offensive piece that has immediate credibility upon entering the dressing room.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/button-stamkos-will-have-a-lot-of-offers-tampa-wont-be-able-to-r~2948242

This would help attract the bottom six guys as well.

Would be more hopeful if it were someone other than Button talking about it.

And, yeah it would help, but based on the lack of Sabre moves the past few days am not overly hopeful for something that big.  (But snagging Kane in 3 days would still qualify as big, too.)

1 minute ago, Mr. Allen said:

We’re all reading and thinking about all these scenarios Adams can improve the team.  Imagine if he does nothing and then tells us how he tried but nothing hit. 

Then I would fire him in August

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Canucks would be acting like real team if they bring in Marino for Zadorov.   I wish the Sabres could do these things.  

Simple things are hard for them.   

For some reason the culture issues feel more real right now. 

We need a few really positive moves to improve the roster.  

Ffs, his old coach is now in Buffalo. He’s a need. If he likes Ruff and more importantly, if Ruff liked him, it really sounds like a slam dunk. Yet, here we are, discussing him going to Vancouver. 

41 minutes ago, Mr. Allen said:

We’re all reading and thinking about all these scenarios Adams can improve the team.  Imagine if he does nothing and then tells us how he tried but nothing hit. 

Like he’s done the last two years?  

I agree with @thewookie1.  If Adams brings back the same roster save a few bottom of the barrel FAs like last offseason he should be fired before training came starts.

4 hours ago, French Collection said:

TSN’s Craig Button with a long winded story of Stamkos going to UFA.
He says the best fit would be Buffalo. He could be a complimentary offensive piece that has immediate credibility upon entering the dressing room.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/button-stamkos-will-have-a-lot-of-offers-tampa-wont-be-able-to-r~2948242

This would help attract the bottom six guys as well.

More likely he’d go to Detroit where his old GM Yzerman has been freeing up cap space.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

58 minutes ago, Mr. Allen said:

I don’t know why but I am now fully preparing myself for this happening. Maybe I’ve just been a Buffalo sports fan for far too many years.

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, kas23 said:

Ffs, his old coach is now in Buffalo. He’s a need. If he likes Ruff and more importantly, if Ruff liked him, it really sounds like a slam dunk. Yet, here we are, discussing him going to Vancouver. 

If You Say So Nod GIF

I was pointing to the fact that teams are making moves, filling holes, etc. 

Next time I'll clear my posts with you in advance, ok?  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.