NHL trade & FA rumors (Sabres & Non-Sabres)

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Tyler Myers signs a 3 year/3 million AAV extension with Vancouver 

Dang.  Seems a bunch of the vets there really like it there.

Edited by Taro T
friggin' phone randomly autocorrecting

3 hours ago, #freejame said:

I’m way higher on Krebs than most but real organizations make you earn a spot and he hasn’t. But we’ve mismanaged him since we got him so what’s it matter really. He’s either going to sink or swim. 

Well, he sort of is a solution at center. I think many on here would hope KA brings in a 3C. It’s going to be up to Krebs if he wants to take that from him. Otherwise, he’ll be 4C, which wouldn’t be a horrible outcome if he’s surrounded by real NHL players. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Well if he had us on his NTC list what exactly can we do, kidnap his family and demand his cooperation as a ransom? 

I checked and it turns out there is nothing in the CBA that prohibits this. Not sure why GMKA hasn’t tried it.

• Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

Would Ekblad be a good pickup?

Not to my eyes.  He ate 20 min a night last year, but almost 60% of his zone starts were in the offensive zone…while his goals above expected is not impressive. Florida was awesome last year and his starts were very protected.  

His foot speed is on the decline and he was never fast or agile to begin with.  
He only has one year left on his deal at 7.5MM, so Buffalo could afford that next year. But he’s not a defense first type that we could partner with Dahlin or Power. 

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Yes but how much money do you want to spend on defensemen?   

Exactly.  A $7.5m AAV would put the Sabres blue line (only top 6 ) around $38.5M.  Last year no team exceeded $34m for their top 7.   Better spent elsewhere.  

Surely KA makes a move of some kind today. Teams are re-signing guys that were potential UFAs, trades are moving pieces the Sabres could have used. Eastern rivals have improved their lineups to be playoff contenders.

It almost feels like a game of musical chairs where Kevyn is the one left standing every time.

Meanwhile, the Sabres accumulate draft capital.

• Like (+1) 1

“The Rutger McGroarty suitors are starting to materialize for the Winnipeg Jets.

The Boston Bruins have had continuous discussions with the Jets about the top prospect, while the Buffalo Sabres, Columbus Blue Jackets, and New York Islanders have also inquired, reports the Winnipeg Free Press' Mike McIntyre.

On Saturday, it was reported the Jets are likely to trade McGroarty, but that he doesn't have any animosity toward the city of Winnipeg.”

19 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Surely KA makes a move of some kind today. Teams are re-signing guys that were potential UFAs, trades are moving pieces the Sabres could have used. Eastern rivals have improved their lineups to be playoff contenders.

It almost feels like a game of musical chairs where Kevyn is the one left standing every time.

Meanwhile, the Sabres accumulate draft capital.

I will be livid if we make all our picks during this draft. If we get a couple of nobodies in F/A or a token signing, i will be lighting the torches for KA head......I have had enough 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Would Ekblad be a good pickup?

He's not much of an upgrade, and he's overpaid.  Since his injuries have built up, he's looked poorer.  He had a pretty bad playoffs.

A couple of quick notes from 32 Thoughts Podcast. 

Friedman mentioned the Sabres were interested in both Reilly Smith and Lars Eller from Pittsburgh, but neither are going to happen.

Also He wonders about Seattle for Skinner. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.