NHL trade & FA rumors (Sabres & Non-Sabres)

11 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

You want Trouba? He's horrible ranger fans would dance in the streets

Be a great partner for any of our puck loving Dmen. 

7 minutes ago, Jorcus said:

I can see it now, We get Trouba and 3 weeks in he gets a 20 game suspension. 

Which would be exactly what I want to see 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

I don’t want Trouba for $8 million. I think his play has gone downhill. If Rangers were willing to retain he would be a nice leader on the 2nd pair for Byram or Power.

I read that the Jets asking price for McGroarty was a 2nd and 3rd. Wonder if Sabres are looking at that with the extra 2nd.

I think they are probably looking at using the 1st in a deal and like some have said, using the 2nd to move Skinner if a deal lines up that Skinner agrees to waive for.

That would still leave them with a 2nd to use in the draft.

If McGroarty would want to play here I'd give them a 2nd and 3rd in a heartbeat. 

Trouba is interesting. I'd say yes. True, he's slipping and slowing and not what he was so he's pricey, but he is a contrast to what we have, he's a leader, and he strikes fear into a lot of players about cutting into the middle. Adding him and then trading Jokiharju would give us a VERY good D. 

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Almost 100% certainty that the Sabres are on that list.  

But man what I would do if they could somehow add him.  Exactly what this D needs. 

We sure needs the toughness. Unfortunately I hear some Eric Johnson bells ringing. I hope Trouba still got more to give than Johnson.

7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Martin Necas versus Jack Quinn. First you can have 3 good lines but if we are trading assets does Necas bring something we don't have? 

Jack Quinn: 27games, 9g, 10a, 53.7cf%, 1.3g/60, 1.4a/60, +0.4xgf

Martin Necas: 77games, 24g, 29a, 61.8cf%, 1.1g/60, 1.3a/60, +5.2xgf

For the corsi numbers, context matters. Carolina is an excellent possession team that limits shots against and does well in shot generation... versus Buffalo under granato who couldn't get anything HD cuz reasons. That said the number I want to look at most is the rate metrics of g/60 and a/60 where Quinn has an advantage in both of those metrics. Now they are slight but also Quinn came off of injury to do it in his 2nd season. 

However if we sort things a bit, we have pp numbers, keeping in mind the Sabres pp was the dumbest thing I have ever watched. They basically saw 6 weeks of it working and then kept it for two years like little kids having a favorite movie. 

Necas: 2.9g/60, 1.8a/60 on the powerplay

Quinn: 1.2g/60, 2.4a/60 on the powerplay

Necas generates a lot on the PP and Quinn much less so, although you can see Quinn is an very good assist generator and that goes to his brains and skills. My point for this is, what is Necas bringing that we don't already have? I think Quinn's pp goal numbers are obviously bad because the Sabres spent two years standing still making useless passes trying to get Tage a one timer. At even, Quinn already outproduced a guy with 362 career games compared to 104 games. You could argue that Necas the last 3 years has been healthy so availability beats other ability. I just would rather find someone either clearly better with term or playing a far different style which Necas is basically a speedy rush guy with a bit of bite but nothing crazy. 

But, if he is another Quinn (rather than another Skinner which was alleged by some earlier, which would be a whole different thing) is that actually a bad thing?  Not seeing it as such personally.

Would honestly love to have 3 Quinns.  Could put one on each scoring line and would create match up nightmares somewhere for the opponents.

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

But, if he is another Quinn (rather than another Skinner which was alleged by some earlier, which would be a whole different thing) is that actually a bad thing?  Not seeing it as such personally.

Would honestly love to have 3 Quinns.  Could put one on each scoring line and would create match up nightmares somewhere for the opponents.

Quinn is a nice player who has had injury issues.  Necas seems to be on the rise and brings speed 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I doubt the Sabres are in on Necas.  Adams wants some cap figure guarantee and I doubt he wants to invest over $6 mill a season for more than 4 years on anyone that isn’t one of his core draftees. 

I honestly don’t blame him.  He has 3 huge breakout candidates in JJP, Quinn and Benson he’ll want to pay.

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

I’m way higher on Krebs than most but real organizations make you earn a spot and he hasn’t. But we’ve mismanaged him since we got him so what’s it matter really. He’s either going to sink or swim. 

• Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I doubt the Sabres are in on Necas.  Adams wants some cap figure guarantee and I doubt he wants to invest over $6 mill a season for more than 4 years on anyone that isn’t one of his core draftees. 

I honestly don’t blame him.  He has 3 huge breakout candidates in JJP, Quinn and Benson he’ll want to pay.

And the cap will be approaching $100M by the time Benson needs avdeal

58 minutes ago, Taro T said:

I was listening to WGR's Sabres Live Show where Necas was discussed. Marty Briere liked him a lot and thought he would be a good addition. He stated that the issue that came into play was his style of play: Defensively he is a little loose and offensively he free lances. Despite that issue, Marty thought he would be a good addition. He also pointed out that there were teams interested in him, especially Jersey. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Probably going to Detroit, Wouldn't mind him next to Power though.

Why Detroit? Why is everyone going to Detroit?

DeMelo off the market will help Roy a lot.  I would give Roy $5 million to round out the top 4 but I think he gets close to $6 million from someone.

12 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I’m way higher on Krebs than most but real organizations make you earn a spot and he hasn’t. But we’ve mismanaged him since we got him so what’s it matter really. He’s either going to sink or swim. 

I agree with your take on Krebs. I have no problem with him as a 4C, assuming  he earns that role. The more critical issue still is acquiring a 2/3 C to replace Mitts. 

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

Why Detroit? Why is everyone going to Detroit?

DeMelo off the market will help Roy a lot.  I would give Roy $5 million to round out the top 4 but I think he gets close to $6 million from someone.

He is from Detroit, would figure he would play for them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.