NHL trade & FA rumors (Sabres & Non-Sabres)

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Bruins should get slapped by Gary.

But maybe they were hoping to get the trade overshadowed?

I think it’s a questionable return because they had to take Korpisalo and his contract back.

The drop off from Ullmark to him is considerable IMO and that’s not a huge cap saving in return.

But I guess that’s only way they were going to get a 1st?

I’ll say pick 25 is about as much as legit starter ever seems to get these days though, so I guess the Bruins did alright on that level?

Ive been saying for a while those who think goalies are going to get top 10 picks just don’t pay attention to the market.

It sort of sucks that Ottawa is the team (needing help) and getting it, while the bruins are taking the hit but seem to overcome everything thrown their way.

ie this hurts us vs Ottawa, and im not sure how comfortable I am even contemplating finishing ahead of Boston regardless of what they do 

probably ptsd but it is what it is. I’ve been natured.

• Like (+1) 1

So Ullmark for Kastelic, korpisalo, and a month or two of Tyler Burtuzzi? I guess there’s some value in bringing that pick back. 

And Ullmark is essentially back in Buffalo now. He should have taken that deal to LA last year. 

8 minutes ago, dudacek said:

The drop off from Ullmark to him is considerable IMO and that’s not a huge cap saving in return.

But I guess that’s only way they were going to get a 1st?

I’ll say pick 25 is about as much as legit starter ever seems to get these days though, so I guess the Bruins did alright on that level?

Ive been saying for a while those who think goalies are going to get top 10 picks just don’t pay attention to the market.

Doesn't this also exacerbate the TM trade for Robin Lehner, considering the pick, the depth of the draft, and the fact TM accepted a cap dump on top of the pick?  The Sens paid a lower price, received a better goalie, in a weaker draft, and sent somewhat of a cap dump to Boston instead of accepting one back from them.  Guess that's why Tim is still unemployed.

• Agree 2
  • dislike 1

1 minute ago, Broken Ankles said:

Doesn't this also exacerbate the TM trade for Robin Lehner, considering the pick, the depth of the draft, and the fact TM accepted a cap dump on top of the pick?  The Sens paid a lower price, received a better goalie, in a weaker draft, and sent somewhat of a cap dump to Boston instead of accepting one back from them.  Guess that's why Tim is still unemployed.

…and that was one of his better trades.

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Lehner trade was fine. At the time we all said we basically dealt a second for him B/c we only had to include a 2nd for ROR. Which remains a great trade

they were sort of part and parcel like Mittelstadt and whatever trade we keep saying is coming for the second half of it 

Edited by Thorny

25 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Say what you will, the cap dump in Legwand gave the Sabres their best 4th line center since Gaustad and their last playoff appearance. (And yes, he immediately retired because he was cooked.)

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Say what you will, the cap dump in Legwand gave the Sabres their best 4th line center since Gaustad and their last playoff appearance. (And yes, he immediately retired because he was cooked.)

And he scored a goal from the bench. 

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Lehner trade was fine. At the time we all said we basically dealt a second for him B/c we only had to include a 2nd for ROR. Which remains a great trade

What are you talking about?  We traded a 1st for Lehner and took back a contract.  Lehrer was also injured when acquired.  It was an awful trade then and time has not made it look better.

It was a huge overpayment.  We basically got nothing for taking back Legwand.  

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

What are you talking about?  We traded a 1st for Lehner and took back a contract.  Lehrer was also injured when acquired.  It was an awful trade then and time has not made it look better.

No I mean Lehner wasn’t half bad for us and the ROR trade was great. Those 2 deals worked in combination with eachother because yes I’d have preferred to give up a 2nd for Lehner but also would have willingly dealt a 1st for ROR instead of a second (which, IIRC, is what we paid in that trade)

Edit - the “we all said” thing was bad wording on my part, I meant/should have said that it was a point raised by many at the time. But you are right the reaction at the time was bad, even worse looking back just now 

Edited by Thorny
  • Vomit 1

On 6/26/2015 at 9:16 AM, dudacek said:

I guess this means we got Legwand to take Girgensons roster spot because we are flipping Zemgus, Zadorov and 31 for O'Reilly. 

Speaking of, this was a heck of a call, minus Girgensons obviously 

On 6/26/2015 at 10:44 AM, dudacek said:

Unlike most of you, I don't take goaltending for granted.

Lehner is better than last year showed and he will show it.

I'm glad we have acquired a goalie I can believe in.

On 7/1/2015 at 4:35 AM, Thorny said:

This is where I am at, too.

@GASabresIUFANI take your points, was definitely just mostly remembering my reaction at the time and probably dudaceks lol. 

16 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

What if Toronto traded Marner and then traded for Skinner with Buffalo retaining 2 mill? 

If we can move Skinner without buying him out, I’d be ok with that. However, KA better have a plan then to find a scoring winger to go with the missing 2/3C.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

What if Toronto traded Marner and then traded for Skinner with Buffalo retaining 2 mill? 

Would recommend every Sabre fan run out and buy a lottery ticket that day to see just how much that day truly is ours.  When the cards are falling your way, stay at the table.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.