NHL trade & FA rumors (Sabres & Non-Sabres)

12 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Ofcourse he does because when he gets away from that Boston defensive system it won’t be pretty.

That's probably true.  He was pretty solid in Buffalo on some bad teams, when healthy, but not Vezina material.  No question that the Boston system was a huge boon to his career.  Same for Swayman and probably Rask too.  None of these guys are bad goalies - they are all fine/good NHL goalies, but no question that the other players and system in Boston helped them all rise to the top of the league statistically.

35 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Ofcourse he does because when he gets away from that Boston defensive system it won’t be pretty.

If only we had his numbers on an average team to see..oh wait we have his numbers on a putrid sabres team and they were really good 

• Like (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

Brett Pesce is rumored to be signing with the Devils.  This should open up the possibility of RHD John Marino being moved (His M NTC doesn’t start until 7/1). He would be the perfect partner for Power. 

He has 3 years left at 4.4 million AAV

• Like (+1) 8

45 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I’ll start.  Apparently Ullmark, who has a 16 team NTC, also wants an extension before he accepts a trade.  I would too if I was him.

There's some talk about a 3 way with Boston Ottawa and Philly but there's no way to get to any substance behind that rumor. Ullmark apparently does want an extension if it's Ottawa. Last version out there is Ullmark and Lauko for Chychrun with extensions on both sides. 

5 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

From another site, He wants to play for the Sabres but probably when all other options have been exhausted 

We shouldn’t take him in that scenario. That sounds like “I’ll go to Buffalo when every other teams deems me not valuable and they have to do it for the press”

Edited by Thorny

12 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Brett Pesce is rumored to be signing with the Devils.  This should open up the possibility of RHD John Marino being moved (His M NTC doesn’t start until 7/1). He would be the perfect partner for Power. 

Why? Their D isn't that deep and they have 2 youngsters in Hughes and Nemec. Is Hamilton healthy? Anyway, I see them adding D but not subtracting as well. 

13 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

If the Devils make him available, Adams should try to be first in line.

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

From another site, He wants to play for the Sabres but probably when all other options have been exhausted 

I really think if he ever wanted to play for the Sabres, he would’ve signed with them instead of Detroit. I don’t think playing for the Sabres was anything more than a passing thought. 

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

Why? Their D isn't that deep and they have 2 youngsters in Hughes and Nemec. Is Hamilton healthy? Anyway, I see them adding D but not subtracting as well. 

Hamilton should be back, he had a 3 to 4 month recovery from Dec 6th of last year. 

With Hamilton and Pesce they would have 

RHDs

Hamilton, Pesce, Marino, and Nemec

LHDs

Hughes, Seigenthaler and technically McDermond

Hence the reason we’d offer them Ryan Johnson as he’s a LHD.

26 minutes ago, kas23 said:

I really think if he ever wanted to play for the Sabres, he would’ve signed with them instead of Detroit. I don’t think playing for the Sabres was anything more than a passing thought. 

Personally, expect he did plan to sign with the Sabres but then when they absolutely #### the bed coming out of the gate he changed his plans.  Adams and Granato seemed genuinely surprised when he signed with Detroit.

• Agree 2

A longtime Boston reporter just tweeted Ullmark to Ottawa is about to go down. Nothing on the return.

Two teams we will have to be better than this year. Washington and New Jersey have also made significant moves.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, dudacek said:

A longtime Boston reporter just tweeted Ullmark to Ottawa is about to go down. Nothing on the return.

Two teams we will have to be better than this year. Washington and New Jersey have also made significant moves.

Yep. Just get it right though. Don’t rush any bad deals.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

Seems a reasonable return? If he’s not negotiating a contract? 

As if the league lacking trades in general for entertainment value makes a trade *5 mins* before game 7 of the cup final lmao 

Should really help Ottawa tho tbh 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Seems a reasonable return? If he’s not negotiating a contract? 

As if the league lacking trades in general for entertainment value makes a trade *5 mins* before game 7 of the cup final lmao 

Bruins should get slapped by Gary.

But maybe they were hoping to get the trade overshadowed?

I think it’s a questionable return because they had to take Korpisalo and his contract back.

The drop off from Ullmark to him is considerable IMO and that’s not a huge cap saving in return.

But I guess that’s only way they were going to get a 1st?

I’ll say pick 25 is about as much as legit starter ever seems to get these days though, so I guess the Bruins did alright on that level?

Ive been saying for a while those who think goalies are going to get top 10 picks just don’t pay attention to the market.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.