Two Sabres preseason games revealed

14 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

God they need to shorten preseason to like 4 games max and start reg season Oct 1.

I'm going to add to that the season should start Oct 1, the regular season needs to be shorted by a few games.  As much as I love hockey, its just not right/natural watching the Cup finals when we are officially in Summer and its been 90+ degrees outside most of the last few days.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

God they need to shorten preseason to like 4 games max and start reg season Oct 1.

Appreciate the sentiment, but the league has been trying to start slightly later (discounting the Covid effects) in the year to avoid an additional week or 2 of the NFL season (playoff baseball too most likely, but the elephant in the room is the NFL).

• dislike 1

4 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

I'm going to add to that the season should start Oct 1, the regular season needs to be shorted by a few games.  As much as I love hockey, its just not right/natural watching the Cup finals when we are officially in Summer and its been 90+ degrees outside most of the last few days.

76 at max

4 hours ago, Taro T said:

Appreciate the sentiment, but the league has been trying to start slightly later (discounting the Covid effects) in the year to avoid an additional week or 2 of the NFL season (playoff baseball too most likely, but the elephant in the room is the NFL).

I dislike the league, not your input

On 6/21/2024 at 2:38 PM, LGR4GM said:

On 6/21/2024 at 3:04 PM, Taro T said:

ESPN having the baseball playoffs plays into this as well. As long as they are a broadcast partner the NHL Regular Season won’t start until the second week of October. This is per Friedman.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.