Cap Friendly purchased by Washington Capitals; Will cease to function after UFA in July

Brawndo

39 minutes ago, SDS said:

Let me get this straight, are you saying if there was a website that detailed all of the juicy little Pegula nuggets that you find so enthralling and displayed it in a nice detailed fashion you would not have gone there to do your 14 year long research?

That was a poorly thought out response.

Nitpicking the actions, both personal and team related, of an owner is team related and approved, but nitpicking NHL player resource allocation and comparing it to the current roster make-up is bizarre and whatever other other epithets you said?

Looks like someone took too many contrarian meds today.

That is true. Dustin is sick and the agency sent Sven. He did give a nice sponge bath tho.

42 minutes ago, bg17 said:

But it’s so far removed from what a sports fan is it’s asinine. 

Commenting on/criticizing the owner is not part of being a fan? That's normal, high level fandom. Every Bills fan had an opinion about Ralph, generally down through the decades a not very favorable one.

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, SDS said:

Let me get this straight, are you saying if there was a website that detailed all of the juicy little Pegula nuggets that you find so enthralling and displayed it in a nice detailed fashion you would not have gone there to do your 14 year long research?

That was a poorly thought out response.

Nitpicking the actions, both personal and team related, of an owner is team related and approved, but nitpicking NHL player resource allocation and comparing it to the current roster make-up is bizarre and whatever other other epithets you said?

Looks like someone took too many contrarian meds today.

But there is no such website.

Let's make it parallel and see if your argument holds up.

The Sabres financial books and Terry's tax returns are published by a website, and I go there to study the data and play fantasy owner. Terry should spend more here and less there. And every other team's books and every other owner's returns are there.

If that's how I spent the bulk of my time as a fan, I would be small and weird and would seriously consider what I'm doing with my sports life.

I previously engaged with PA on this subject. I have nothing to add to that conversation.

I will say: Griping about the owner is a fundamentally different pursuit than drilling into player data/salary, etc.

You can remain essentially poetic when griping about the fat cat owner.

Also, has PA in fact been a Pegula Deep Diver? Are we thinking more of @Ghost of Dwight Drane? I can't rightly recall.

Also what research on Terry? As GODD liked to point out, anything that was out there was scrubbed from the Internet long ago. My opinions are based on his actions as owner and a handful of public comments he made back when he felt free to speak, which hasn't been the case for many years.

I bet I've spent less time researching Terry in the last 14 years than the likes of LGR have spent in the last month on these salary/cap/data sites.

Edited by PASabreFan

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

The Sabres financial books and Terry's tax returns are published by a website, and I go there to study the data and play fantasy owner. Terry should spend more here and less there. And every other team's books and every other owner's returns are there.

If that's how I spent the bulk of my time as a fan, I would be small and weird and would seriously consider what I'm doing with my sports life.

And where this does not hold up when extended to those who drill into player stats and salaries is that the players' data - unlike the imagined ownership data - has a very direct correlation to what we see on the ice. 

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

And where this does not hold up when extended to those who drill into player stats and salaries is that the players' data - unlike the imagined ownership data - has a very direct correlation to what we see on the ice. 

I disagree. Wouldn't we really like to know why we live under the thumb of E to the 3?

Like I said, it's finally summer and I'm not going to waste my day off on this.

5 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I previously engaged with PA on this subject. I have nothing to add to that conversation.

I will say: Griping about the owner is a fundamentally different pursuit than drilling into player data/salary, etc.

You can remain essentially poetic when griping about the fat cat owner.

Also, has PA in fact been a Pegula Deep Diver? Are we thinking more of @Ghost of Dwight Drane? I can't rightly recall.

Yes. GODD was looking into the situation at PSU. I love that you tagged him in hopes of conjuring him back up.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Yes. GODD was looking into the situation at PSU. I love that you tagged him in hopes of conjuring him back up.

I recently inboxed him - hoping a notification would go through to an email account he still uses.

I also took that opportunity to .pdf-spindle-print 20+ pages of inbox messages we had that contained our combined effort to gather information regarding the Pegulas. Still some fascinating stuff in there. Plenty of loose ends.

On 6/14/2024 at 1:46 PM, PASabreFan said:

Well, capfriendly does not post tax returns of players. They post salaries.

but what's odd is.. there is such a site for people like Terry Pegula - https://www.forbes.com/profile/terrence-pegula/

And ultimately, why does it matter to anyone what someone else chooses to do with their time?  Even if you don't understand it, do you need to? (This is not directed at your @PASabreFan but to all who are questioning each other about other's preferences).

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LTS said:

Well, capfriendly does not post tax returns of players. They post salaries.

but what's odd is.. there is such a site for people like Terry Pegula - https://www.forbes.com/profile/terrence-pegula/

And ultimately, why does it matter to anyone what someone else chooses to do with their time?  Even if you don't understand it, do you need to? (This is not directed at your @PASabreFan but to all who are questioning each other about other's preferences).

OK. I spent 17 seconds on that site. No need to go back, or to go back again and again and say it makes me a more informed fan who enjoys the games more.

Philanthropy score 2. Generous.

19 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

OK. I spent 17 seconds on that site. No need to go back, or to go back again and again and say it makes me a more informed fan who enjoys the games more.

Philanthropy score 2. Generous.

Cool.  A lot of hockey fans would not begin to understand how someone would get information or value or satisfaction out of posting 44,000 times on a hockey discussion forum. We all have our things we enjoy and don't enjoy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Archie Lee said:

Cool.  A lot of hockey fans would not begin to understand how someone would get information or value or satisfaction out of posting 44,000 times on a hockey discussion forum. We all have our things we enjoy and don't enjoy.

You and SDS can compare strawmen in the morning.

9 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Well that thread was a real thrill ride.  

I thought I had our local provocateur settled down, admittedly taking a loser point -- but then someone here rousted him from his post-Ovaltine torpor.

9 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Well that thread was a real thrill ride.  

I made the fire dept come. Posters were hanging upside down.

You're welcome.

The puck just rode the ledge from the end line to damned near the blue line. How does it do that?!

5 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I thought I had our local provocateur settled down, admittedly taking a loser point -- but then someone here rousted him from his post-Ovaltine torpor.

Ovaltine is for squares! My great grandson gets me gummies.

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

That was me, I think. I apologize. Lesson learned. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Just used capfriendly to check Sabres draft picks since they list all the upcoming ones we own. What a ***** fan I must be for engaging in something so stupid. 

I just used a ballpeen hammer to pop a small zit on my right nostril.

On 6/12/2024 at 1:59 PM, PASabreFan said:

So look... If ya'll really want to enhance your enjoyment of the game, which you will argue is the end game of residing in the jingleweed of this stuff, devote your time to learning the game. Read books on strategy, watch videos. Because you don't really know what the ***** you're talking about when you evaluate games, plays, lines, coaches (nor do I). There's some tough love. Now I'm done. I will take the loser point and go to work and wish I was bingeing Seinfeld instead.

You were done on Wednesday the 12th.

On 6/14/2024 at 1:54 PM, PASabreFan said:

I disagree. Wouldn't we really like to know why we live under the thumb of E to the 3?

Like I said, it's finally summer and I'm not going to waste my day off on this.

You were not going to waste your time on Friday the 14th

14 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

You and SDS can compare strawmen in the morning.

You told SDS he could compare his stawmen on Sunday the 16th. 

and...

36 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I just used a ballpeen hammer to pop a small zit on my right nostril.

Here you are still tripling down on my fandom being a punchline after you were told by just about every poster here why your take was bad. Good thing you were done last Wednesday though, good thing. 

Using the Internet to see how many draft choices we have is not the issue. You could do that on AOL in 1995.

The weakness of the responses is telling.

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Watch out. Dude's in his bag now.

Looking for Werthers?

Got it made?

Sloppy drunk posting?

• Haha (+1) 1

Also I don't care what other posters think. Nor do you.

I was told FOR YEARS I was wrong about Terry. Give him time. He's the owner. You don't make billions by being dumb.

Edited by PASabreFan

I was told FOR YEARS I was wrong about Terry. Give him time. He's the owner. You don't make billions by being dumb.

Lol - we were so young.

bobs burgers grasping at straws GIF

Yes, being right about Terry Pegula meddling is equivalent to saying fans that's look up salary info aren't good fans. Right. Yup. Sure.