2024 Stanley Cup Final - Edmonton vs Florida

4 hours ago, stinky finger said:

This was the quintessential example of a goalie "stealing one".

EDM didn't do anything wrong. They were flat out stone walled.

Not entirely. How many rebounds and screens? Bobrovsky saw everything and everything was one and done. Florida played masterful team defense and broke up a lot of Edmonton's usual continuity. Their forecheck will only get stronger as it goes. Edmonton's D was already coughing up pucks and this was just game 1. Florida simply has more guys willing to do whatever it takes. 

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Not entirely. How many rebounds and screens? Bobrovsky saw everything and everything was one and done. Florida played masterful team defense and broke up a lot of Edmonton's usual continuity. Their forecheck will only get stronger as it goes. Edmonton's D was already coughing up pucks and this was just game 1. Florida simply has more guys willing to do whatever it takes. 

Agree to a degree. But how many times did EDM get behind that Panther D? Those and many more quality chances. Feels like they could have netted 4-5 easily. 

Again, I trust FL will clean that up. 

I won't repeat the good points already made here about game 1. I will add, that when Knobloch loaded up the first the in the 3rd with McDavid, Leon, and Hyman, the Barkov line kept them in their own zone for a few shifts. Florida didn't play their best and still won.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Goldseatsaud said:

Florida was extremely luck. I think the series will be a good one. 

You think luck doesn’t come into play during a championship run? 

I’m not sure I’d classify their win as luck however. If outstanding goaltending and staying true to their game is lucky, then you might be right. 

I don't understand the new rules, it used to be all 5 min penalties (except fighting) were game misconducts. Now you can get 5 minutes for elbowing or etc and still stay in the game. But kneeing is a misconduct as well? 

Just now, ... said:

Did he say game misconduct? 

Yes 

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Dirty hit 

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Is that a bad hit?   It’s gonna get Florida pumped. 

I honestly can never tell on those hits who the “dirty” one is. I mean, unless it’s obvious, when one guy sticks his leg out, it’s really hard to tell.

• Agree 1

I wonder how much money was spent on coke by the players in this game. I bet it’s a lot. Some of those guys on the bench look completely wackadoo on the bench. 

Just now, SwampD said:

I wonder how much money was spent on coke by the players in this game. I bet it’s a lot. Some of those guys on the bench look completely wackadoo on the bench. 

No one on this board has likely experienced the sustained high level of adrenaline these guys are experiencing right now.

That was a ridiculous call. He jumped and aimed for the head. And they a,l stroked him while they were talking about it.

Gotta love the NHL. It’s so biased.

Just now, bob_sauve28 said:

Barkov is such a poser 

He hit him in the chest 

No. He didn’t.

Justice.

• Thanks (+1) 1