2024 Stanley Cup Final - Edmonton vs Florida

12 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Hey look at that, McDavid won the Conn Smythe... I swear I was told he was only good in the regular season. 

Zero points  in the last 2 games none Factor puck hog tonight

goat 

Edited by Buffalonill
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, ska-T Chitown said:

I don't like McDavid because he was the cause of the tank - so he can be the next Dan Marino for all I care ...

I find all this angst over "former Sabres" winning to be a bit odd. Very few folks on any roster are home grown ... Barkov and Lundell are the only forwards drafted by FLA. Bob wasn't. Ekblad is the only FLA drafted D worth mentioning ...

It's not just any players though is it? You can be happy for the Okposo types, and feel good for ERod but it's the guys who were supposed to have been the cornerstones getting one year after year after year that is annoying. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

Yeah that blew up in the NHL's face he didn't even show up for it. 

It didn’t “blow up in their face” it went to the guy who most deserved it. Like by far. Him not being there is whatever. Everyone with half a brain can understand why. To not you’d have to be willfully choosing to not look beyond the optics.

You are just salty because you said there’s no chance it would happen 

• Like (+1) 1

Sam going to get payed 

Just now, Second Line Center said:

ESPN is awful

Yes it is 

Just now, Thorny said:

It didn’t “blow up in their face” it went to the guy who most deserved it. Like by far. Him not being there is whatever. Everyone with half a brain can understand why. To not you’d have to be willfully choosing to not look beyond the optics.

Will see if he was Injured no goalie falls off that bad unless something is wrong

7 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

It's not just any players though is it? You can be happy for the Okposo types, and feel good for ERod but it's the guys who were supposed to have been the cornerstones getting one year after year after year that is annoying. 

Yeah, I get that angle. It is a bit too much crying over ye olde spilt milk for me, but I see it. On to the draft?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jahnyc said:

What kind of curse was put on the Bills and Sabres?  Watching all of these former Sabres winning the cup (after watching Eichel and O'Reilly doing the same in prior years) is difficult to deal with.

They don’t pay their best players then let them walk. It’s not really a mystery and it certainly isn’t a curse.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I don’t care how many points he had. 

He couldn’t lead his team to the Cup, so he shouldn’t be the MVP of the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2