2024 Stanley Cup Final - Edmonton vs Florida

Just now, Second Line Center said:

Awesome.  This city will never win.  

Let’s talk about all the guys we’re going to trade for that want to be here for the next 3 months.  

It's 6/24/2018.

After a disappointing season, the Sabres have just drafted Rasmus Dahlin #1 overall. ROR was despondent at the locker-cleanout day interview, but is still on the roster. Montour isn't even on the team, yet.

I tell you this: 6 years from now, the Stanley Cup will include the following names:
Ryan O'Reilly, Jack Eichel, Sam Reinhart, Evan Rodrigues, Kyle Okposo, Marco Scandella, and Zach Bogosian

Additionally, Linus Ullmark will have a Vezina and a Jennings.
And for good measure, two players from last year's roster: Kulikov and Carrier, will also be on the Cup. (they could get re-signed as depth pieces, right?) And Brandon Hagel has already been to Final.

Sounds pretty good, eh? Sounds like the Sabres win one and lose one, right?

• Vomit 1

I don't like McDavid because he was the cause of the tank - so he can be the next Dan Marino for all I care ...

I find all this angst over "former Sabres" winning to be a bit odd. Very few folks on any roster are home grown ... Barkov and Lundell are the only forwards drafted by FLA. Bob wasn't. Ekblad is the only FLA drafted D worth mentioning ...