2024 Stanley Cup Final - Edmonton vs Florida

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Who manufactures New Era’s stuff? Presumably, there’s no way of knowing. But they’re not as poor quality as Fanatics are they?

They aren't as nice as 47 Brand I know that. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Taro T said:

Yup.  Sunrise for all intents and purposes is a suburb of Ft. Lauderdale.  It's far closer to that than it is to Miami.

Yeah.  I was in Ft. Lauderdale not too long ago and someone in the area spouted off about the geographical anomaly that is that stretch from Miami to West Palm Beach.  It's had to do with the length of urbanization along with the width of it since it all backs up to the Everglades.

Basically it's one big sprawling metropolis broken up into multiple cities.  It's crazy.

36 minutes ago, LTS said:

Yeah.  I was in Ft. Lauderdale not too long ago and someone in the area spouted off about the geographical anomaly that is that stretch from Miami to West Palm Beach.  It's had to do with the length of urbanization along with the width of it since it all backs up to the Everglades.

Basically it's one big sprawling metropolis broken up into multiple cities.  It's crazy.

Florida and Arizona are where people go when they want to be murdered by the sun.

I lived in Los Angeles for over 20 years.  When I asked actual British and Irish people why they moved to cities like Santa Monica and got willfully sunburned, they always said it was because they didn't see the sun for more than a few days of their childhood.

1 hour ago, LTS said:

And the rink in Sunrise is effectively LITERALLY right on the edge of a swamp.  There's a road that goes past it on the north side and then pretty much nothing.

Head east or head south and there is massive development.  (There is a HUGE mall on the other side of the 4 lane road the rink sits on.)  Head north and bring waders and some sort of device to keep the gators at bay.

36 minutes ago, Taro T said:

And the rink in Sunrise is effectively LITERALLY right on the edge of a swamp.  There's a road that goes past it on the north side and then pretty much nothing.

Head east or head south and there is massive development.  (There is a HUGE mall on the other side of the 4 lane road the rink sits on.)  Head north and bring waders and some sort of device to keep the gators at bay.

106 miles from Jupiter to Homestead which is just south of Miami.  The widest point from the ocean to the Everglades is just under 20 miles.

That's basically one big city from Buffalo to the North end of Seneca Lake and never wider than the distance between Buffalo and the Niagara Power Visitor Center Parking lot.

Crazy.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, shrader said:

It’s crazy to think that in two weeks two pieces of the Timm Murray core will have a cup ring. 

Should we include O’Reilly as part of Murray’s core and make it three of them with rings?

22 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Should we include O’Reilly as part of Murray’s core and make it three of them with rings?

Heck, Bogosian was supposed to be part of the core as well and he's got 2 IIRC.

9 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Ok, I officially need to re-word it. I was mostly thinking about the centerpieces of the rebuild, the two #2 picks. Then I remembered Kane on the oilers. 

And I won’t Bogosian a piece of that core because he’s a defenseman and Murray doesn’t do D. 

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

What ever happened with this? Did they ever end up getting this series played? 

I was thinking the same thing.

Did I miss it ??

And what bozzo starting this thread months before the damn thing started ??

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, shrader said:

Ok, I officially need to re-word it. I was mostly thinking about the centerpieces of the rebuild, the two #2 picks. Then I remembered Kane on the oilers. 

And I won’t Bogosian a piece of that core because he’s a defenseman and Murray doesn’t do D. 

Yeah, it's not like Kulikov is ever going to win a ring...wait, what?

Edited by jad1
  • Haha (+1) 1

It's the first time in a long time where I don't hate 1 or both of the teams vying for the Stanley Cup. I would be fine with whoever wins this 1 , seeing McDavid/Draisatal raise the cup would be sweet and so would the 42 ex sabres on the Panthers. Either way I just hope it's a fun series full of hits, crazy plays and all the top players bring their A games, I'll just sit back and enjoy it!

Edited by GoPuckYourself
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, Thorny said:

What ever happened with this? Did they ever end up getting this series played? 

I’m going to be rusty. 

14 hours ago, Taro T said:

Sooooo - indirectly we’re kinda like champs. 

• Haha (+1) 1