2024 Stanley Cup Final - Edmonton vs Florida

55 minutes ago, gomper said:

In all the years I've watched hockey, I have never seen a series swing like this.  Oilers are flying and Florida looks like the Sabres on a Tuesday in November at Columbus. 

Sabres south sucking.  It's a Buffalo thing.

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

Sabres south sucking.  It's a Buffalo thing.

Florida is trying to master the choke from Buffalo!

1 hour ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Because it hasn't happened since 1942 or something ridiculous like that.

It looks like something the city of Buffalo would do!

47 minutes ago, Taro T said:

And per Dave Jackson the league ADMITTED they blew the replay on the 1st Barkov goal.  The official explanation is that the refs determined that the puck was still JUST on the line when the skate of the player without the puck (Reinhart) lost contact with the blue line.  His skate didn't need to maintain contact, it merely needed ANY part of it to be above/on the blue line.

Again sounds like something that happens to Buffalo, I’m not sure Florida can pull this off. They can hardly get any pucks on net and seems like they are getting outskated. Plus I think McDavid or the German Gretzky either one of them is gonna be huge in game 7. If Florida loses that would be a collapse of epic proportions! They need to score first and stay out of the box.

Ya, at this point maybe you can say too many Sabres on one team and they look like they are headed for an unbelievable choke. Hard to believe but there it is. 

I figure his performance in this final has knocked a million off Reinhart's deal. 

Anything can happen in a game 7 but they look cooked. 

• Agree 1

There's an old Night Gallery episode, "Lone Survivor," about a shipwreck survivor of the Titanic mysteriously picked up by the Lusitania. Normally, we trade a player he ends up winning the Cup. I'm afraid poor Okposo may be the lone survivor. 

On 6/18/2024 at 10:09 AM, Buffalonill said:

I'm just tired of people comparing him to Gretzky when he hasn't even surpassed Crosby once he starts winning cups then it can start .

All he is right now is the greatest regular season player 

Think Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

36 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Maybe we should have hired Knoblach..... And drafted McDavid, 😜

On the telecast of the last Sabres-Oilers game Rob Ray was talking about Kris Knoblach and how he’d turned around the Oilers from that dreadful start. ‘Tough. Demanding. Disciplined. Respected.’ Ray went on for about 30 seconds but stopped just short of saying what I and everyone other Sabres fan was thinking. This is what the Sabres desperately need. I wish I could find a replay of the telecast and listen to it again. He should win the Jack Adams Award.

12 minutes ago, JustOneParade said:

On the telecast of the last Sabres-Oilers game Rob Ray was talking about Kris Knoblach and how he’d turned around the Oilers from that dreadful start. ‘Tough. Demanding. Disciplined. Respected.’ Ray went on for about 30 seconds but stopped just short of saying what I and everyone other Sabres fan was thinking. This is what the Sabres desperately need. I wish I could find a replay of the telecast and listen to it again. He should win the Jack Adams Award.

I can't remember if it was before the Krueger hiring or before Granato was made permanent, but Knoblach was mentioned as a candidate for the Sabres at one point.  Not sure if it was just a media-type running a list of potential candidates or if he actually was on a short-list.  

• Thanks (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Archie Lee said:

I can't remember if it was before the Krueger hiring or before Granato was made permanent, but Knoblach was mentioned as a candidate for the Sabres at one point.  Not sure if it was just a media-type running a list of potential candidates or if he actually was on a short-list.  

Wow. Too bad for us innit? He’s a hell of a good coach.

14 hours ago, Thorny said:

Sound like my Dad with the Tiger thing lol

Tiger is a big reason I don’t consider all the sports watching I’ve done over the years completely pointless. He’s carried a lot of water in the “facilitation of rooting interest enjoyment” category for me 

probably more than any other rooting interest I’ve had 

His demeanour was part and parcel with the reason he’s the greatest golfer to ever play 

The field would collapse around him, literally, through pure intimidation 

Jordan was an ass, too. That’s sort of the point 

The debate around the G.O.A.T. in sports will always be challenging due to the comparison of eras.

Tiger will probably win out in this argument as us Nicklaus guys go away.

I will say this, Tiger’s ‘97-‘10 run is the greatest period of golf dominance by a player, especially in the Majors. In 54 Majors played, he won 14 of them, was runner up 6 times, was third 3 times and was top 10 in 35 of these tournaments. He missed the cut 4 times. In a smaller sample of the ‘99 PGA to the ‘01 Masters he won 5 of the 6 Majors. From ‘99 to ‘02 he won 7 of 16 Majors. I compare him to Bobby Orr in that a great career was cut short by injuries. 3-5 more years of great play and there would be no argument against Tiger.

Jack’s argument is consistent great play over a longer period of time. 18 Majors vs Tiger’s 15 is all some people say and that can be enough to convince many. Jack’s competitive time in the Majors spans from 1960 until 1987. During this period he played in 107 Majors, winning 18, finishing runner up in 19 of them and being in the top ten 71 times. He missed the cut 6 times. Tightening up the parameters to a smaller sample size, I will use the years ‘70-‘82 for Jack. He played in 52 Majors, winning 10, finishing second 10 times and third 5 times. He was top 3 in almost half of those tournaments. He was top ten in 43 of those 52 Majors.

I am taking Jack because of more Major wins and being in the hunt at more of them, over a longer period of time than Tiger. Tiger’s injuries and personal struggles probably cost him hitting 20 Majors and then there would be no argument.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

If Florida lose Game 7 Zito looks like he is going to start strangling guys with his bare hands. He looks completely unhinged.

The team just looks exhausted which is shocking because they've been getting 2-3  days off

• Agree 1