2024 Stanley Cup Final - Edmonton vs Florida

Just now, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

Florida is done like dinner.... congrats to the oilers and mcjesus

Now back to our regularly scheduled program of watching Adams and rickety old Ruff try and make magic in the dumpster. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, gomper said:

In all the years I've watched hockey, I have never seen a series swing like this.  Oilers are flying and Florida looks like the Sabres on a Tuesday in November at Columbus. 

Because it hasn't happened since 1942 or something ridiculous like that.

8 minutes ago, gomper said:

In all the years I've watched hockey, I have never seen a series swing like this.  Oilers are flying and Florida looks like the Sabres on a Tuesday in November at Columbus. 

We'll they are mostly former Sabres so ..🤷‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 5

37 minutes ago, stinky finger said:

I can't see Edmonton losing it in FL. 

What a comeback. Impressive.

People should maybe just stop making predictions, nah? No one has been right yet lol

• Like (+1) 1

Imagine being Reinhart if the Panthers lose game 7. You play on the Sabres all those years and get blamed for a lot because you weren’t nearly as good as Eichel. Then you go to the finals 2 years in a row and lose. 

Oh yeah, and like 7 of your former teammates are playing with you on the Panthers 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

Imagine being Reinhart if the Panthers lose game 7. You play on the Sabres all those years and get blamed for a lot because you weren’t nearly as good as Eichel. Then you go to the finals 2 years in a row and lose. 

Oh yeah, and like 7 of your former teammates are playing with you on the Panthers 

Ouch!

4 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

He’s probably thinking about how fun these two deep runs were compared to golfing 

• Like (+1) 2

And per Dave Jackson the league ADMITTED they blew the replay on the 1st Barkov goal.  The official explanation is that the refs determined that the puck was still JUST on the line when the skate of the player without the puck (Reinhart) lost contact with the blue line.  His skate didn't need to maintain contact, it merely needed ANY part of it to be above/on the blue line.

• Shocked 1

Florida has now blown the lead. That part is over. They may actually get a mental boost from being past that, in a weird way. Facing elimination will add the fear of god they haven’t had. Don’t count them out 

Edmonton, maybe they really will pull it off. I was touting them coming in.

Should be a great game 7

Edited by Thorny
  • Agree 1