2024 Stanley Cup Final - Edmonton vs Florida

24 minutes ago, inkman said:

The McDavid Hate is just ***** weird.  Just like Crosby, Messier, Gretzky or Lemiex, he’s carried the torch as an NHL ambassador (which the league has done ***** all to promote) with pride and dignity.  He gives 100% effort 100% of the time.  He’s amazing to watch.  He’s the games best player yet there is a strong contingent of fans that don’t want to give him ANY accolades because he’s been surrounded by schmucks his whole career.  It’s just freaking weird. 

It’s true people don’t appreciate the show he’s putting on. I’m pulling for Florida but it will not get me upset if this goes the other way. I watched him play in the OHL at 15 and he was dominant then.

I’m not a McJesus disciple but it is amazing to watch him perform.

I hated Tiger Woods in his prime because he was winning everything and he was threatening Nicklaus’ major records. I now appreciate the level he was at and glad I watched it all because those kinds of athletes are really generational, not like every 1st rounder of every draft.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, French Collection said:

It’s true people don’t appreciate the show he’s putting on. I’m pulling for Florida but it will not get me upset if this goes the other way. I watched him play in the OHL at 15 and he was dominant then.

I hated Tiger Woods in his prime because he was winning everything and he was threatening Nicklaus’ major records. I now appreciate the level he was at and glad I watched it all because those kinds of athletes are really generational, not like every 1st rounder of every draft.

I hated Tiger after every bro started jumping on the bandwagon.  I liked Tiger when he arrived on the golf scene.  Then every single person I despised became a Tiger bro.  I’ve hated him ever since.  The personal issues he’s gone through actually made him human and tolerable.  I never understood the love for him though.  About as unlikable a guy I’ve seen in golf.  Just miserable all the time. 

• Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, inkman said:

I hated Tiger after every bro started jumping on the bandwagon.  I liked Tiger when he arrived on the golf scene.  Then every single person I despised became a Tiger bro.  I’ve hated him ever since.  The personal issues he’s gone through actually made him human and tolerable.  I never understood the love for him though.  About as unlikable a guy I’ve seen in golf.  Just miserable all the time. 

He made Jonathan Toews look like Captain Kangaroo. He must’ve been hard to play with, no talking or basic interaction. He didn’t acknowledge the fans much, even though they were 50 yards deep all the way around.

I lost respect for him as a human but I am glad to have witnessed some incredible golf.

I like him more now, he actually sucks but he’s trying to regain some of the magic. He signs autographs and spends more time answering questions.

13 minutes ago, inkman said:

I agree Tiger was a jerk in his prime, but watching him do what he did on the course was pretty awesome. If he was in the hunt, you had an excellent chance of seeing something good. 

7 hours ago, French Collection said:

Sound like my Dad with the Tiger thing lol

Tiger is a big reason I don’t consider all the sports watching I’ve done over the years completely pointless. He’s carried a lot of water in the “facilitation of rooting interest enjoyment” category for me 

probably more than any other rooting interest I’ve had 

6 hours ago, JoeSchmoe said:

I agree Tiger was a jerk in his prime, but watching him do what he did on the course was pretty awesome. If he was in the hunt, you had an excellent chance of seeing something good. 

His demeanour was part and parcel with the reason he’s the greatest golfer to ever play 

The field would collapse around him, literally, through pure intimidation 

Jordan was an ass, too. That’s sort of the point 

Edited by Thorny

5 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

This has to be the biggest choking in history by the Panthers

I think I’d credit the oilers more. Except for Bobrovsky - he’s been disappointing 

Game 7 could honestly go either way though. A lot will come down to first goal 

If it gets there 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I think I’d credit the oilers more. Except for Bobrovsky - he’s been disappointing 

Game 7 could honestly go either way though. A lot will come down to first goal 

If it gets there 

Agree, but caveat that Florida would not be in the final without Bobrovsky.  

18 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Agree, but caveat that Florida would not be in the final without Bobrovsky.  

Both him and McDavid were Smythe favorites but McDavid maintained/elevated in the final and Bob has declined 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.