2024 Stanley Cup Final - Edmonton vs Florida

1 hour ago, inkman said:

In case anyone wanted to see what transpired. Keep your eye on 91 for Florida.  This is exactly the mindset the Sabres need to rid themselves of.  Low effort, low IQ players.  Jeff Skinner, I’m looking at you.    

GM Bill Zito's reaction to that effort.

8 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I don't know about that.  I see the opposite.  Edmonton has been getting some level of scoring from all their lines.  Two games ago we were looking at a sweep and the Talking Heads of Hockey were saying that the big names in Edmonton have to step up and that their role players were doing their part.  

Edmonton has impressed me with with their physical play against a team everyone thought could bully them.   The injury to Barkov seems to have shaken the Panthers who are playing soft right now and letting the Oiler's come to them.   Tkachuk is not himself either and Reinhart has had scoring chances and not cashed in.   

What we are seeing is the top players on Edmonton taking over and the top players on Florida folding up a bit.  That could change again.  

This could come down to getting Barkov back or someone on Florida filling that void.  Meanwhile McDavid is making a name for himself.  If this goes 7 games McDavid could lead them to the greatest modern day comeback in SC History.  

I am enjoying this.  

As for who wins.  I have no problem with Edmonton getting another Cup, a Canadian team winning is fine with me.  Florida can remain in the group of teams that has never won it, along with Buffalo and Vancouver, two die hard NHL cities that are more deserving IMO. 

The narrative has already become insufferable. And nobody deserves a cup just because they have been around a while. Buffalo attendance is amongst the worst in the league. 

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

The narrative has already become insufferable. And nobody deserves a cup just because they have been around a while. Buffalo attendance is amongst the worst in the league. 

Buffalo’s fan base is completely beaten down but still is more loyal and hockey knowledgeable than the rednecks from Sunrise, who didn’t even sell out many games last year after a Presidents Trophy the prior season   This year they finally had a big increase in fan attendance, so it took three years of playing at the top of the conference for that to happen.  Given the size if the Metro area, and the number of tourists and transplants, their fan base has been surprisingly slow to catch on.  But for sure, right now have better attendance than Buffalo, and a much better team.  To me, not a reason to pull for them at all.  

The complaints about McDavid winning a cup are even more insufferable.  Jealous people calling him McJesus are beyond insufferable too.  The panic by some here that NHL TV announcers will say even more nice things about McDavid is also insufferable.  

Listening to Florida’s hockey illiterate and rude fans talk and scream (while wearing their ball caps) during both Anthem’s, that too is insufferable.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Buffalo’s fan base is completely beaten down but still is more loyal and hockey knowledgeable than the rednecks from Sunrise, who didn’t even sell out many games last year after a Presidents Trophy the prior season   This year they finally had a big increase in fan attendance, so it took three years of playing at the top of the conference for that to happen.  Given the size if the Metro area, and the number of tourists and transplants, their fan base has been surprisingly slow to catch on.  But for sure, right now have better attendance than Buffalo, and a much better team.  To me, not a reason to pull for them at all.  

The complaints about McDavid winning a cup are even more insufferable.  Jealous people calling him McJesus are beyond insufferable too.  The panic by some here that NHL TV announcers will say even more nice things about McDavid is also insufferable.  

Listening to Florida’s hockey illiterate and rude fans talk and scream (while wearing their ball caps) during both Anthem’s, that too is insufferable.  

So crazy to see people's personal narratives they just let loose on the internet.

• Like (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

42 minutes ago, Demoted said:

So crazy to see people's personal narratives they just let loose on the internet.

Yes it is.  Disagreement is one thing, but it is even crazier when an opinion is called insufferable because its different than your own.   Which is what happened here.   

Edited by Pimlach
  • dislike 2

22 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Yes it is.  Disagreement is one thing, but it is even crazier when an opinion is called insufferable because its different than your own.   Which is what happened here.   

You are not talking like it's your opinion.

I don't have an opinion. I just have facts. They have gained almost 14% yearly since COVID. They had the fourth highest attendance rating this season 96.8%

And since COVID they have the largest attendance gain of any team. Stop thinking like the Sabres are any superior fan base, just an embarrassment.

Meanwhile Sabres cannot even give tickets away.

Edited by Demoted
  • Agree 1
  • dislike 1

1 minute ago, Demoted said:

You are not talking like it's your opinion.

I don't have an opinion. I just have facts. They have gained almost 14% yearly since COVID. They had the fourth highest attendance rating this season 96.8%

And since COVID they have the largest attendance gain of any team. Stop thinking like the Sabres are any superior fan base, just an embarrassment.

I'll shorten this, "ppl like watching winners" 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Or ranting against a whole fanbase and mocking them by calling them rednecks and such as a response to a disagreement? You can do better. 

Just now, Demoted said:

Where you are not talking like it's your opinion.

My opinion is what Gatorman responded to with the insufferable comment.  Because I said I want cities like Buffalo and Vancouver to win a Cup over a franchise like Florida. That is my opinion.   He called it an insufferable narrative.   His opinion.  Why are you even involved?  

Yes, the facts are Florida's attendance increased by over 6% this year and was one of the highest in the league.  They had strong teams the two years prior, and they are just now selling out games consistently this year.  Good for them.  

• dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Or ranting against a whole fanbase and mocking them by calling them rednecks and such as a response to a disagreement? You can do better. 

I sure can do better.  My calling them rednecks was actually just as bad as you, who called my opinion an insufferable narrative.  

• dislike 2

Looks like Cousins in for Okposo for game 6. I'm curious what the board thinks of Kyle's play in the Final. I don't think he's been very good.  The effort is there, but he's way too slow. Not to mention he's been on the ice for some big goals against, and doesn't make very intelligent decisions with and without the puck

Maurice is probably pretty unhappy with his play. I mean, he's willing to put a time bomb like Cousins in. I'm sure Cousins will get a talking to about not going over the line. The last thing they need to do is give the Oilers gifted PP's.

• Agree 1

“It’s incredible what he’s doing,” said Crosby, a three-time Stanley Cup champion with the Pittsburgh Penguins who is keeping tabs on the series by watching highlights. “Somehow, he’s found another level. In the playoffs (that’s tough to do), especially.”

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5577726/2024/06/20/nhl-stars-react-connor-mcdavid/

• Like (+1) 1

Crosby got this kind of hate right up through about the last 1/3 of his career.

McDavid is breaking freaking records in these playoffs.  He’s alllllll that FFS.

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I sure can do better.  My calling them rednecks was actually just as bad as you, who called my opinion an insufferable narrative.  

You realize anyone can just go backwards in the thread and read what transpired. No one called your opinion "an insufferable narrative".

The insufferable narrative is the one the NHL is already building up around McJesus and will inflate to truly insufferable proportions if Edmonton wins the Cup.

• Eyeroll 1

44 minutes ago, ... said:

You realize anyone can just go backwards in the thread and read what transpired. No one called your opinion "an insufferable narrative".

The insufferable narrative is the one the NHL is already building up around McJesus and will inflate to truly insufferable proportions if Edmonton wins the Cup.

So, the NHL shouldnt promote its best player? He's winning the Conn Smythe, win or lose. His last two games have been amazing. If he's anywhere close to that in 6, and possibly 7, how can you not showcase that? He's been great for the game and will continue to be. We are witnessing an all-time player.  Forget about the noise and sit back and enjoy it. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Weave said:

Crosby got this kind of hate right up through about the last 1/3 of his career.

McDavid is breaking freaking records in these playoffs.  He’s alllllll that FFS.

Crosby got hate because he was a baby and dived 

But he matured

Edited by Buffalonill
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, gomper said:

So, the NHL shouldnt promote its best player? He's winning the Conn Smythe, win or lose. His last two games have been amazing. If he's anywhere close to that in 6, and possibly 7, how can you not showcase that? He's been great for the game and will continue to be. We are witnessing an all-time player.  Forget about the noise and sit back and enjoy it. 

Jesus Christ Animation GIF

13 hours ago, gomper said:

Looks like Cousins in for Okposo for game 6. I'm curious what the board thinks of Kyle's play in the Final. I don't think he's been very good.  The effort is there, but he's way too slow. Not to mention he's been on the ice for some big goals against, and doesn't make very intelligent decisions with and without the puck

Maurice is probably pretty unhappy with his play. I mean, he's willing to put a time bomb like Cousins in. I'm sure Cousins will get a talking to about not going over the line. The last thing they need to do is give the Oilers gifted PP's.

He's too slow. That's really all there is to it. 

7 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

You can’t even spell the team name right. 

Check the name of the site you are on, for guidance.

Yea I don't know why it did that. Might have been text to speech problem. I know you don't want to hear that b.c your post seems like I angered you.

Edited by Demoted

The McDavid Hate is just ***** weird.  Just like Crosby, Messier, Gretzky or Lemiex, he’s carried the torch as an NHL ambassador (which the league has done ***** all to promote) with pride and dignity.  He gives 100% effort 100% of the time.  He’s amazing to watch.  He’s the games best player yet there is a strong contingent of fans that don’t want to give him ANY accolades because he’s been surrounded by schmucks his whole career.  It’s just freaking weird. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1