2024 Stanley Cup Final - Edmonton vs Florida

I do want Florida to win, but I'm also not going to be sad to see McDavid get the cup he definitley deserves. If EDM can come back from 3-0 and win against that FLA team, they 1000% deserve and earned it. Even Skinner is playing well (I did not expect this) it's nice not having a real rooting interest. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Florida support staff is going to be burned out carrying the champagne, beer, Cup Champions paraphernalia back and forth across the continent.

I was thinking about them hiding that stuff in an opponents rink. It’s got to be tough logistically to avoid giving the home team bulletin board material.

2 hours ago, Night Train said:

McDavid reminding us he's the greatest player on the planet.  That was amazing. 

Dominant. No one close.

Played 24+ minutes, 2 Goals on 2 Shots, 2 assists on pretty feeds, and managed a Hit and Block to boot.

At 27, just hitting his prime. What a delight to watch him play the game of hockey.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Do the teams handle that stuff?  Or is it the league?  When the Cup is in the building, does the league also bring the paraphernalia?

I am guessing here but I would think the team handles the hats and shirts. Perhaps the league has a say on what is printed on the swag.
I remember a story from some team’s training staff (Habs?) about stocking beer on ice in the dressing room during the third period only to have to remove and hide it when the game went to OT.

17 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Hockey will be unbearable for me if Edmonton wins the Cup. The whole script will be about one player for the next several years. 

I don't know about that.  I see the opposite.  Edmonton has been getting some level of scoring from all their lines.  Two games ago we were looking at a sweep and the Talking Heads of Hockey were saying that the big names in Edmonton have to step up and that their role players were doing their part.  

Edmonton has impressed me with with their physical play against a team everyone thought could bully them.   The injury to Barkov seems to have shaken the Panthers who are playing soft right now and letting the Oiler's come to them.   Tkachuk is not himself either and Reinhart has had scoring chances and not cashed in.   

What we are seeing is the top players on Edmonton taking over and the top players on Florida folding up a bit.  That could change again.  

This could come down to getting Barkov back or someone on Florida filling that void.  Meanwhile McDavid is making a name for himself.  If this goes 7 games McDavid could lead them to the greatest modern day comeback in SC History.  

I am enjoying this.  

As for who wins.  I have no problem with Edmonton getting another Cup, a Canadian team winning is fine with me.  Florida can remain in the group of teams that has never won it, along with Buffalo and Vancouver, two die hard NHL cities that are more deserving IMO. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • dislike 1

21 minutes ago, Believer said:

Dominant. No one close.

Played 24+ minutes, 2 Goals on 2 Shots, 2 assists on pretty feeds, and managed a Hit and Block to boot.

At 27, just hitting his prime. What a delight to watch him play the game of hockey.

F'ing ping pong balls.

• Haha (+1) 1

If Edmonton - and the refs - come back from down 3 - 0 and win the Cup the NHL will insufferable for the next two seasons.

Come to think of it, the entire story almost seems too good to be true: a perfect narrative to build up the legend of McJesus. It would be horrific.

• Agree 1
  • dislike 1

36 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

If he doesn't take home the cup the stats mean nothing 

It's all about him getting his team the cup 

Do you watch hockey? Do you think it's basketball? Whatever, McDavid has proven he's excellent in the playoffs. 

9 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Do you watch hockey? Do you think it's basketball? Whatever, McDavid has proven he's excellent in the playoffs. 

Ok but it means nothing if they don't win the cup.

Does anyone talk about Jean-Giguere putting up the greatest performance ever no because he lost

13 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Washed up OEL 

12 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

Tkachuk with some serious effort... assist to McDavid anyway.

In case anyone wanted to see what transpired. Keep your eye on 91 for Florida.  This is exactly the mindset the Sabres need to rid themselves of.  Low effort, low IQ players.  Jeff Skinner, I’m looking at you.    

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, ... said:

If Edmonton - and the refs - come back from down 3 - 0 and win the Cup the NHL will insufferable for the next two seasons.

Come to think of it, the entire story almost seems too good to be true: a perfect narrative to build up the legend of McJesus. It would be horrific.

are you gonna cry basketball wives GIF by VH1

Pull yourself together.   Florida came in rested and with the hot goalie, and they took a 3-0 lead.   Stop blaming the refs and let this play out. 

If Florida wins it will be capping off a great run that started with a Presidents trophy two years ago, an unsuccessful SC final last year, and maybe a Cup this year.  Great for them.  

If Edmonton wins it will be historic.  The fact that they never gave up is a great story.   McDavid is the best player in the NHL right now.  There is not one GM/POHO that would disagree with that.   If he leads his team to victory, while possibly setting up a playoff scoring record, then I see no reason not to enjoy the accomplishment.   

I want this to go 7 games.  This is great for NHL hockey.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

are you gonna cry basketball wives GIF by VH1

Pull yourself together.   Florida came in rested and with the hot goalie, and they took a 3-0 lead.   Stop blaming the refs and let this play out. 

If Florida wins it will be capping off a great run that started with a Presidents trophy two years ago, an unsuccessful SC final last year, and maybe a Cup this year.  Great for them.  

If Edmonton wins it will be historic.  The fact that they never gave up is a great story.   McDavid is the best player in the NHL right now.  There is not one GM/POHO that would disagree with that.   If he leads his team to victory, while possibly setting up a playoff scoring record, then I see no reason not to enjoy the accomplishment.   

I want this to go 7 games.  This is great for NHL hockey.  

Brad Pitt Reaction GIF

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.