2024 Stanley Cup Final - Edmonton vs Florida

12 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

I'm just tired of people comparing him to Gretzky when he hasn't even surpassed Crosby once he starts winning cups then it can start .

All he is right now is the greatest regular season player 

Think Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

While I wouldn't say the refs were the reason Edmonton won this game, they weren't, I would say they did their best assisting in the league getting a game 6. 

The too many men that they ignored was blatant, Tkachuk's embellishment was iffy at best, and they basically let Edmonton get away with much more than they did with Florida. But whatever, somebody gets to choke that's pretty much assured. Could still be either. 

People cheering for Edmonton here have to realize that would mean Cory Perry gets another cup. Do you really want that? 🙂

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

While I wouldn't say the refs were the reason Edmonton won this game, they weren't, I would say they did their best assisting in the league getting a game 6. 

The too many men that they ignored was blatant, Tkachuk's embellishment was iffy at best, and they basically let Edmonton get away with much more than they did with Florida. But whatever, somebody gets to choke that's pretty much assured. Could still be either. 

People cheering for Edmonton here have to realize that would mean Cory Perry gets another cup. Do you really want that? 🙂

The league definitely benefits for this to go to game 7.  I’m sure they would love for McDavid to have a storybook comeback for marketing. Just a weird game with some of those calls. 

• Agree 1

That’s a shame

8 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I’m in the minority…it’s just much more preferable than hearing forever about former Sabres winning Cups.  

We’re already a punchline I’d like to not add to that. 

Florida is still going to win.  

I’m in Sarasota, so rooting for FL.

Refs were way too active for Game 5 of a Stanley Cup final. 

Giving the Oilers 4 PP chances was laughable. Refs were on a mission.

ABC/ESPN the clear winner.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

That’s a shame

I’m in the minority…it’s just much more preferable than hearing forever about former Sabres winning Cups.  

We’re already a punchline I’d like to not add to that. 

Florida is still going to win.  

You can't win that one. Evander Kane wins one if Florida loses. ROR, Bogo, Eichel, Kane, that starts to make Murray look like he was a genius 🙂

4 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

FLA better figure it out, they look... Bad 

Burned out? I can't believe it. I think they just got over confident after being up 3-0 and they were too busy planning their celebrations and forgot they still have to earn it. They should bring their A game in game 6. They better, because game 7s anything can happen.