2024 Stanley Cup Final - Edmonton vs Florida

52 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I think it was about $140 per ticket for those mezzanine seats.

Wow - the wife and I were in town to see a show probably 5 years ago (?) and tickets were crazy expensive. I think we went to see Chicago that trip in. It's time to go see some Hamilton.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, ... said:

Greenway most certainly does not. I can't opine on Quinn. Tage never brings the grit.

Benson, maybe Cozens and Robinson of the forward group bring "the right kind" of grit. Dahlin, Clifton, and Samuelsson of the defense bring it.

We have a long way to go if we're going to match what we're seeing in these SCFs.

Yeah after watching this the Sabres are not even remotely close to being a contender without major roster additions. At best a fringe playoff team. 

Re McDonough:

“ESPN sources described McDonough as devastated that he’s been affected by the illness at a time in which he’s calling the Stanley Cup Final for the second time since the network reacquired its NHL rights in 2021. He has even gone as far as to consult with team doctors in Edmonton in an attempt to overcome the illness.

The 62-year-old broadcaster previously missed the Game 2 matchup between the Florida Panthers and New York Rangers in the Eastern Conference Final on May 24. It is believed that McDonough’s current illness could could stem from his previous one, which may have worsened with the lengthy flight from Florida to Edmonton between Games 2 and 3 this week.“

http://amp.awfulannouncing.com/nhl/espn-confirms-sean-mcdonough-fighting-through-illness-during-stanley-cup-final.html

What could he have going on over that stretch of time? Pneumonia?

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Re McDonough:

“ESPN sources described McDonough as devastated that he’s been affected by the illness at a time in which he’s calling the Stanley Cup Final for the second time since the network reacquired its NHL rights in 2021. He has even gone as far as to consult with team doctors in Edmonton in an attempt to overcome the illness.

The 62-year-old broadcaster previously missed the Game 2 matchup between the Florida Panthers and New York Rangers in the Eastern Conference Final on May 24. It is believed that McDonough’s current illness could could stem from his previous one, which may have worsened with the lengthy flight from Florida to Edmonton between Games 2 and 3 this week.“

http://amp.awfulannouncing.com/nhl/espn-confirms-sean-mcdonough-fighting-through-illness-during-stanley-cup-final.html

What could he have going on over that stretch of time? Pneumonia?

That would explain the lack of oomph to his goal calls

If it weren’t for the fact Okposo gets his name on the Cup, I’d be thrilled for Florida to win.

Not many players on that team I don’t like outside out Cousins and KO. I’ll be happy for Reinhart, Bob, Barkov, and Tkachuk in particular. 

11 minutes ago, #freejame said:

If it weren’t for the fact Okposo gets his name on the Cup, I’d be thrilled for Florida to win.

Not many players on that team I don’t like outside out Cousins and KO. I’ll be happy for Reinhart, Bob, Barkov, and Tkachuk in particular. 

Oh No What GIF by A Little Late With Lilly Singh

• Like (+1) 1

The Oil are cooking right now.  Florida needs the next one.  

I did not expect Edmonton to be this chippy.  They have been fortunate with non calls on their dirty (by todays standards) hits. 

It must be so hard being an Oilers fan right now going to game 4. You bought tickets knowing that your team has a 95% chance or more of being eliminated in the next few days. You’re kind of going to just cheer on the team and thank them for the long hard fought season 

24 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Florida uncharacteristically sloppy defensively. But it is hard to win 7 in a row in the playoffs. 

That said, I don't for one second think Florida is out of this game.

• Like (+1) 1