2024 Stanley Cup Final - Edmonton vs Florida

Give me the Sabres in the final (yes, no S) or give me death.

Well, not really.

Being a Canuck I have to go with Edmonton here. 

I don't like Southern US cities winning the cup - they can have their Cusps.

That said, I would not be upset if Samson got his cup.

Edmonton is a great story of last to the cup final.  Just look at what a coaching change in season can bring.  Imagine if .............

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS
  • Like (+1) 3

• Sabres Fan in NS changed the title to 2024 Stanley Cup Final - Edmonton vs Florida

Agree on wanting Edmonton and not liking southern teams winning. I prefer more traditional franchises to win. The Kings are a minor exception since they’ve been around. But still go for northern teams. 

A Florida reporter tweeted this. This really ticks me off. We should have tanked for McDavid. SMH. Had a solid lead over the Oilers for the top pick thru game 68. 

The Panthers appear to be the Sabres parent club and we are their AAA talent feeder at this point - which makes me want them less (I’ve never gone in for rooting for former players, even ones I liked, to win a cup with another team. It only irritates me. 😊). Was really rooting for the Rangers. I may watch a game or two in hopes McDavid plays well and can score. Had Dallas won I would likely not have watched a single game of the finals. 

That said, I think the Panthers are the better overall team with the better goalie. And they have the number one agitator in the NHL in Tkachuk. Hate that guy with a passion. But wish we had him on our team. Or a player like him. It will be interesting to see how the Oilers plan to deal with him. 

• Like (+1) 1

Go Oilers. They have very few players I dislike (maybe none). I can’t stand Bennett and Tkachuk and Lomberg (would take them on the Sabres, but can’t stand them on a div rival).

My complete indifference to the success or failure of Okposo, Reinhart, Mitts in these playoffs has just confirmed that, while I rooted hard for them as Sabres and have no ill will for them, my allegiance is entirely to the uniform. 

• Like (+1) 1

I prefer to keep the 1993 Canada drought still alive. No Cups since Montreal defeated LA in '93.

Okposo deserves a Stanley Cup. Dude has been in the league a long time. I'm for the Panthers.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Hawerchuk said:

I prefer to keep the 1993 Canada drought still alive. No Cups since Montreal defeated LA in '93.

Okposo deserves a Stanley Cup. Dude has been in the league a long time. I'm for the Panthers.

I agree with this too.  I do like a Canadian based team winning, but would not be upset if KO got his cup.

Seems like nobody reads the tags.

I think the one I added is kinda cute.

5 hours ago, FrenchConnection44 said:

That said, I think the Panthers are the better overall team with the better goalie. And they have the number one agitator in the NHL in Tkachuk. Hate that guy with a passion. But wish we had him on our team. Or a player like him. It will be interesting to see how the Oilers plan to deal with him. 

Oilers are very familiar with him as he was just down the highway for many years.

I didn’t realize that the Okposo deal was a conditional pick. It becomes a 5th rounder instead of a 7th if the Panthers win the Cup. Small upgrade but it helps to sway my decision to back the Panthers. My main reason is Samson, he was my favourite player during his time in Buffalo. I couldn’t care less about Erod, Montour, Kulikov or Okposo.

• Haha (+1) 1

If the Panthers win it will help bring FA’s to the Sabres. Smart agents will notice the trend; ex-sabres on Vegas, ex sabres on Florida. Come to Buffalo, oh gritty 3rd and 4th liners. The sabres won’t know what to do with you and eventually ship you off to a team that wins the cup. 

• Haha (+1) 3

5 hours ago, French Collection said:

My main reason is Samson, he was my favourite player during his time in Buffalo.

Same, except I don't use a u in favorite.  I don't have an Eichel jersey from that time, I have a Reinhart.

5 hours ago, French Collection said:

I couldn’t care less about Erod, Montour, Kulikov or Okposo.

I like ERod.  He was a good utility player for the Sabres, could move up and down the lineup.  He's playing on the FLA's second line and doing well there.  I like Okie too.  I can even accept that he was flawed as a captain but still like him as a player and as a person.

• Like (+1) 1