Sabres will not be signing Mats Lindgren to an ELC

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Doesn't he go back to the draft?  

Regardless, he may or may not agree to a deal.  What's the harm is trying?  

I'm just perplexed by caring about this at all. 

2 minutes ago, steveoath said:

That’s what I thought too

Idk, maybe?

38 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Doesn't he go back to the draft?  

Regardless, he may or may not agree to a deal.  What's the harm is trying? 

Jbot was correct when he said that the CHL rules force decisions on many kids before those decisions should be made.  The 2 European 7th rd D also let go today are from 2020.  One is nearly 22 and the other nearly 23.  This is a much better evaluation period. 

I don't know if Lindgren will amount to anything, but the he has pro wheels and it could be a matter and maturity and physical development to make him a viable prospect.  

I don't disagree, but how do we know that they didn't try?

Can someone please remind me what happened with Brandon Hagel?  I have read the Sabres were unable to sign him at the time they needed to, and he went his separate way, bouncing around for a bit until really coming into his own the past couple of years.  Did he just not show enough for the Sabres to make him a good offer, or was he just mis-handled by the Sabres talent evaluators?  Thanks for the info.

3 minutes ago, Alaska John said:

Can someone please remind me what happened with Brandon Hagel?  I have read the Sabres were unable to sign him at the time they needed to, and he went his separate way, bouncing around for a bit until really coming into his own the past couple of years.  Did he just not show enough for the Sabres to make him a good offer, or was he just mis-handled by the Sabres talent evaluators?  Thanks for the info.

It was simply that they did not offer him a contract and he became a free agent.

He scored 31 goals and 71 points in his post-draft year, slipped back to 18 and 59 in 9 fewer games the following year and Jason Botterill decided there wasn't enough there.

https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/news/2021-mwc-hagel-gets-over-the-hump

Lindgren did not show the progression necessary as his scoring dropped below his draft year his two post draft seasons, compared to Hagel.

With the rules surrounding CHL players and NCAA about to change, there needs to be changes made to the CHL-NHL Agreement. NHL Teams should get prospect rights for 4 years and teams should get complete control over where first picks play after their D+1 Season 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Alaska John said:

Jason Botterill didn’t sign him because he was a CHL player and wouldn’t have drafted him at all had he been the GM when he was selected 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.